Respected Contributor

And here I thought the crotch grabbing and spitting was strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

What did she say?

I read @sunshine45's post and saw the comment was made about Valerie Jarrett. If you Google her name you will find many sources that will tell you what was said. You could also Goggle Roseanne's name.

I'm not being too stubborn to post it, lol, I just don't feel like it's something that needs to be said here. Trust me, it's easy to find.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Goodbye to Rosanne

[ Edited ]

She compared an Obama aide to an ape. Roseanne has definitely gone over the edge. She is not all there and ABC was right to cut their ties with her. It’s too bad for everyone else associated with the production but Roseanne’s words were worse than despicable. She is filled with hate...very ugly and unAmerican.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I hope another network picks it up.  There is so little to watch on TV.

It will absolutely be picked up and back on by the Fall @saltysails.  Probably by the network that is doing Tim Allen's Last Man Standing that ABC just cancelled.  Rosanne is not going anywhere but our living rooms.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Respected Contributor

Re: Goodbye to Rosanne

[ Edited ]

Here's the thing:

No matter what your poltiical stripe or personal views, show professionalism and don't blow it up for your cast mates.

Oh. Wait. She's done this before.  

Frankly, why should anyone who was once morbidly obese and had to undergo reduction surgery call anyone out on looks?(I know it was a racial insult. Racism is lookism.) They had taken Twitter away from her. She should have never gotten it back.

I thought that maybe more years had brought a little maturity and wisdom. Guess not. Or there's a psychological issue.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

She compared an Obama aide to an ape. Roseanne has definitely gone over the edge. She is not all there and ABC was right to cut their ties with her. It’s too bad for everyone else associated with the production but Roseanne’s words were worse than despicable. She is filled with hate...very ugly and unAmerican.

Sounds like Roseanne killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  Many people enjoyed her show and it seemed to be popular.  I feel sorry for the other cast members.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thank you ABC. Someone has finally shown that decency is more important than money.  Differing views are fine but peddling hateful, extremist lies from the swamps of conspiracy sites on the internet is unacceptable. The bar has been lowered to the point that I am shocked and I have seen a lot of life and don’t shock easily.

i have a neighbor who grew up in Europe during WW2 who said, “You have no idea how quickly you can lose a good country. Once a campaign to dehumanize particular groups is undertaken and catches fire, the standards that hold the middle disappear and you are living a nightmare you never believed possible.”