Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I would like to think ABC cancelled the show because they were appalled by her comments, the cynic in me thinks it's because they would have lost sponsors left and right. I don't agree that some had their careers given a boost by the show, Laurie Metcalf has been very busy, John Goodman gets a lot of offers, and Sara Gilbert still has The Talk to fall back on.

Sara is also on Big Bang Theory as a recurring character as is Laurie Metcalf.

Respected Contributor

False equivalencies are not a defense for racism.

Esteemed Contributor

The 'glass half full' side of this development is the conversation about racism is up and center..... Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't think this is over... Maybe the show really is history. If so, I won't miss it. I never cared for her and never saw the reboot. Still, for some reason I suspect there'll be more posturing and apologies and opportunities for both sides to save face... Her mouth is notorious and they knew that when they brought her back... Her comments were raw and nasty but immediate cancellation impacting many other people as an initial step seems a bit like grandstanding designed to send a message...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@saltysails wrote:

I hope another network picks it up.  There is so little to watch on TV.

It will absolutely be picked up and back on by the Fall @saltysails.  Probably by the network that is doing Tim Allen's Last Man Standing that ABC just cancelled.  Rosanne is not going anywhere but our living rooms.

That vile woman won't be in MY living room.

Nor will she be in mine since I do not subscribe to cable @QueenDanceALot  and only watch classic movies in my collection if my nose is not in a book.  Expressions or exact meaning of a word it just depends on the persons take of something.

Oh, we know what she meant.

And so do you.

I did not even see her tweet until after I read her apology on line this morning.  Right at this moment I have no idea when she sent out the tweet since besides not having cable at home I do not have Internet access at home or on my cell phone ect....  When I leave my office everyday and every week-end I unplug the world and call all this stuff over in my life.  But yes when I did read the actual tweet I knew what she mean't.  Someone will still hire her for $$$$$  Love not reading or seeing the world after business hours less stressfull.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye to Rosanne

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

For all of the "goodie two shoes" posting here, I guess you have no trouble with ABC not dealing with Joy Behar. She is one nasty, hateful person. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are way beyond the limit, but I guess you are okay with that. 

I guess it depends which side of the aisle is doing the talking. Now that seems fair, doesn't it?

And there you have it, folks.

Speaking out against racism makes you a "Goody Two Shoes"

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

For all of the "goodie two shoes" posting here, I guess you have no trouble with ABC not dealing with Joy Behar. She is one nasty, hateful person. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are way beyond the limit, but I guess you are okay with that. 

I guess it depends which side of the aisle is doing the talking. Now that seems fair, doesn't it?

And there you have it, folks.

Speaking out against racism makes you a "Goody Two Shoes"

That is not what she said, nor the point being made.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Of course she shouldn't have "said" (or tweeted), what she did, but nearly every public figure misspeaks at times and has to apologize. I think she is genuinely sorry. I like her very much.

The only reason she is sorry is because of the money, she said what she meant.

...according to you.

According to me, she is sorry.

To each their own.

People show you who they are .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Of course she shouldn't have "said" (or tweeted), what she did, but nearly every public figure misspeaks at times and has to apologize. I think she is genuinely sorry. I like her very much.

The only reason she is sorry is because of the money, she said what she meant.

...according to you.

According to me, she is sorry.

To each their own.

People show you who they are .

Yes they DO, and anyone familiar with her or her show would know that Roseanne is not a racist person.

She should be judged by the body and entirety of her work and not one tweet she apologized for.

JMO of course.