Honored Contributor

My wife once again underwent emergency abdominal surgery. This time it was for an Internal Hernia, and time was of the essence to save that healthy tissue. She had appointment for tomorrow (Friday) to see her surgeon, but I ended up rushing her to the ER.

She underwent successful surgery in the later part of the afternoon after close to 4 hours in the ER and getting her CT Scan and finding out the results. This tissue was double twisted in some part of her Intestines somehow. She will be in the hospital at least 4-5 days.

Been a long day for sure, but she was resting comfortably when I left the hospital. Between the diagnosis and the surgery being performed, I managed to come home to let our dog Lily outside, and take care of our inside only feline chores. Have my own hospital appointment tomorrow morning and plan on going up to her room right after.

Friday is 1 of my 2(regular) ice skating days and she has already told me she did not want me to skip skating to spend more time with her. Will play that by ear!

Good thoughts and wishes for my wife would be much appreciated. As I have said here often, I wish it were me and not my wife. Thank you in advance to all of you nice people.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

Re: Good thoughts for my wife

Good thoughts, wishes and a few prayers for your wife from the UP Michigan

Honored Contributor

Absolutely, @hckynut.  Thinking of you both and sending prayers.  Very glad that she is resting comfortably at the moment.  Do take care of yourself as well as all of your furry charges during this challenging time.

Honored Contributor

Tell your Cindy the Q Board participants wish her a speedy recovery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

John:  My thoughts & prayers go out to your wife & yourself.  

Respected Contributor

I sure hate to hear about Cindy, but certainly relieved that her surgery was successful and that she is recuperating.  Thoughts and prayers being sent.  Don't forget to take of yourself in the meantime!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Good thoughts for you and Cindy, @hckynut.

I hope she’s back home soon.

Respected Contributor

Sending my prayers and good thoughts for your wife.  Sounds like it was a successful surgery and now best wishes for a speedy recovery.   

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

@hckynutmany good thoughts and best wishes for your wife.   I know  she is glad she has you to watch out for her.

She will be up and about in no time.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, Glad to hear surgery was a success for Miss Cindy. Sending prayers for a quick and successful recovery. Sending (((HUGS))) to you and pray everything goes well with your appointment too.