Contributor

Good news to DISH suscribers

Just received an email from DISH saying they'd reached an agreement with NBC.   Yeah!! After 4 months yet.  So we can now enjoy the Olympics and SuperBowl.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good news to DISH suscribers

Yea! Never thought it would go on this long.
Trusted Contributor

@pnutsmom I honestly didn't think we'd ever get it back.

Honored Contributor

If you're near any metro area, you could have hooked up a simple interior antenna and have gotten all your local stations over-the-air.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Interesting. I have DISH and the station we've not had access to in forever is CBS...not NBC. I just flipped over and our CBS channel is back! Yippee!!! I can't tell you how sick of this and DISH I have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@pnutsmom wrote:

Just received an email from DISH saying they'd reached an agreement with NBC.   Yeah!! After 4 months yet.  So we can now enjoy the Olympics and SuperBowl.

@pnutsmom 

In what part of the country do you live?   I'm in CA and we have never not had NBC ....  where did it go if other Dish subscribers never had a break in service? It's a tad confusing.  

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness Dish & Tegna finally settled the dispute.  The channel I was missing was Fox, so now I have to figure out how to catch up on The Resident, 911 & 911-Lone Star.  It's been since like Oct. 3rd of last year I think.

Esteemed Contributor

Texas here and got back ABC.  Haven't missed it at all

Honored Contributor

I had DISH several years ago about 9 or 10.  Anyway, I was moving into my senior apt. and they did not allow DISH as they already offered Direct TV.  DISH was completely rude to me.  Very rude on the phone and would not pick up their equipment (but now I know that is normal).  I would never go back to DISH because of the rude customer service displayed.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you're near any metro area, you could have hooked up a simple interior antenna and have gotten all your local stations over-the-air.

@Kachina624 

That is what I did when we lost ABC for a couple months. My wife's Soap is on that Network, otherwise I would have let it be.

Very simple fix for anyone that loses a Major Network and their local channel. They would be shocked how many OTA channels they can get with just a cheap, easy to connect antenna.

hckynut

hckynut(john)