Respected Contributor

Re: Good news from FedEx, bad news for USPS

I rarely receive any packages from FedEx, but when I do there's never been any problem with them.

The only problem I have with UPS is that they hand off almost all my packages to USPS which adds another day or two to the delivery. 

Honored Contributor

@chprsp wrote:

All of our problems have been with Fed-Ex

@chprsp  I cannot tell you how much I hate FedEx!  Horrible service!  Where do they find these people?

At least they have quit sticking that big piece of paper on the door alerting passers-by "HEY!  THERE'S SOMETHING TO STEAL HERE!!!  COME AND GET IT!"

Super Contributor

It was also worrisome to have mail haphazardly delivered.  Medical info, investment info, things that included social security numbers..there are reasons you don't want random neighbors getting your mail.  I ended up trying to get as much as possible switched to electronic delivery to avoid USPS completely.  I guess the carrier we had simply didn't care enough to try to deliver the mail to the proper address.  My husband and I would drive the mail we received to the proper home.  i wonder how much of my mail simply got tossed by the person receiving it...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have a feeling USPS will be delighted with this change! Don't think they've enjoyed the crazy time-frames placed on packages which makes them appear slow, when it is the SHIPPER who is calling the shots by low-balling the shipping costs. I've watched packages sit (via delivery status) waiting for the EDD, yet know my USPS carrier would love to deliver them!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

We've had problems with them, too.

They don't bother to check and see if we're home by ringing our bell, first.

They just "drop and run," and leave the package outside the building, where anyone can just come and take it. 

They never used to be this bad. UPS is no better here. Same thing. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Have a feeling USPS will be delighted with this change! Don't think they've enjoyed the crazy time-frames placed on packages which makes them appear slow, when it is the SHIPPER who is calling the shots by low-balling the shipping costs. I've watched packages sit (via delivery status) waiting for the EDD, yet know my USPS carrier would love to deliver them!

@BirkiLady 

Well I know one USPS mail carrier that kept saying "good" "good" "good because I feel like I carried 2 million packages myself already this week" as I read that post to him over dinner.

Honored Contributor

Stamps will go up again.

Not a fan of FEDEX.  I ordered a small chest.  It wasn't heavy, but the box was awkward to pickup.  Got home from work one day and found two boxes laying in the driveway in the rain.  The shipper sent two chests which was a whole other problem.  It looked like the boxes were thrown off the truck.  I couldn't figure out how else they'd be laying like they were.  No damage.

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

It was also worrisome to have mail haphazardly delivered.  Medical info, investment info, things that included social security numbers..there are reasons you don't want random neighbors getting your mail.  I ended up trying to get as much as possible switched to electronic delivery to avoid USPS completely.  I guess the carrier we had simply didn't care enough to try to deliver the mail to the proper address.  My husband and I would drive the mail we received to the proper home.  i wonder how much of my mail simply got tossed by the person receiving it...

@srgtdj 

...I've gotten my neighbor's jury duty summons, credit card statement, and mail from their auto insurance company that was stamped in red "Auto ID Renewal enclosed", and neighbor's mail from the Texas Department Of Public Safety---probably her driver's license renewal.......she said she had been waiting for it.  

Yep you are so right some pretty scary personal stuff that was delivered to the wrong address....I always hand delivered it promptly to the right person...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl  Thank your husband for carrying all those packages. I think USPS gets a bad rap. Still think postage is the best deal ever! And, everyone working in the Lincoln, NE post offices are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Bet they have fun working! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Excerpt from WSJ article:

FedEx Corp. will deliver packages seven days a week starting next year, adding an extra operating day to accommodate America’s online shopping habits.

The delivery giant also plans to bring to customers’ doorsteps many of the packages it currently drops at local Post Offices. The shift will seek to lower costs by building density along FedEx ground routes, while also shifting some 2 million packages daily out of the U.S. Postal Service's network.

@Marp 

Grest news! Now, can we just let the USPS go out of business as it should have done years ago?