Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good news! We're only about 2 mos. from Spring.

We really don't have much in the way of spring. It just goes from nice and cool to hot. Not looking forward to months of 100 degree plus.

Valued Contributor

569d1bc1ec75b.image.jpg

Honored Contributor

Bring on the good news Phil!

groundhog1.jpg

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Ugh, don't remind me!  I love the fall and winter; spring and summer not so much.  I never look forward to those hazy, lazy, crazy days of summer and I adore it when the leaves change and the first autumn crispness hits the air.  

It's been such a warm winter (had air conditioning on for Christmas).  And, even though it's in the low 20's today, it feels like winter just got here.  I'm not ready to see it end!  Smiley Sad

I'm with @Citrine1 on this one.  I do not look forward to spring and summer but I do to fall and winter.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

It  was -14 when I woke up this morning. Anything Spring seems a LONG way off !! LOL

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

No!  Stop it!  I want winter to last forever!  Smiley Happy   

We were having some nice winter for a short while there and now it's in the 50s .   ugh!  Smiley Sad  No likey.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its freezing here today. Wind chill of 6 degrees. I went for an MRI today and was so cold. Now Im hearing a possible 2 to 3 FEET snow storm for PA end of week. I hope it changes and is wrong! I hate Winter! Dreaming of SPRING! :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

We've turned the corner for more daylight too.  I can't wait for Spring to get here.  I hate winter and being cold. I do enjoy wearing sweaters, scarves and ankle boots but I hate needing to put on tons of layers to be warm.  I'm also HATING the static electricity I've had in my hair for a month now too!

I love Spring, walking with my dog through my neighborhoods to see what's coming up, what's blooming, leaves sprouting on the trees, color and great flower scents everywhere.  See and hearing the birds back too, throwing open my windows.

And that groundhog thing is a farce - to see or not his shadow is crazy.  From groundhog day to the first day of Spring IS 6 weeks.  SO it matters not if he sees it or not.  ANd those guys poke him with sticks to awaken him from his deep winter sleep.  Who wouldn't be griped at that!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite seasons are spring and summer. However, it seems like just yesterday that I brought all my winter clothes in, not ready to start thinking about THAT job again! It was warmer here today than yesterday when it didn't break zero. You know it's cold when puppy does his business and heads back to the house at the speed of light.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  Yes, my dog is the same - out & in lightning speed.  He's a smart poodle!