Respected Contributor

When I lived in the dry desert on the West coast, I kept the AC at 76. I turned it down to 74 or 75 when I did housework. It worked for me on all those 110-115 degree days.

Here in PA, I started at 75 for the AC temp. But that's too warm for me when I do housework or exercise, so I turned it down to 74. Maybe bc there's more humidity here.

Respected Contributor
I feel bad for the furry pets and u in a room that’s 92.
Yikes, that’s sort of hot.
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Evaporated coolers work best in dry climates such as the west coast.  The east coast needs air conditioners due to humidity.  Running air conditioners can be quite expensive.  I set mine to 78 and use fans.

@Biftu    Anywhere along the coast would probably be too humid for an evaporative cooler.  The inland desert areas would be more appropriate.  My area is classified as high desert and it works great.

I'm in Arizona and once it hits 105 a swamp box is useless even with the dry temps. It just doesn't get cool enough and it's muggy. And you can forget about it once the monsoon season hits which is soon.

@Meowingkitty   My cooler is very old but I've had it nursed along because it either keeps me very cold or comfortable depending on the temp outside.  It had often run while

it was pouring rain and I was quite comfortable.  When its extremely hot, it will cool more effectively than refrigerated air, which will only cool 10-15° below the outside temp.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment