Honored Contributor

Re: Good News - U S Korean-American Prisoners Released

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Yes, @MorningLover I have absolutely no doubt that they are all very grateful, of course they are.  That was not the essence of my statement.  I stand by my opinion that the whole campaign-like photo opportunity arrangment could have been done with much more grace and respectfullness for their initial homecoming.   

@Caaareful Shopper, what is this "grace and respectfulness of which you speak"? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@ValentinaBon wrote:

Just because we celebrate their release doesn't mean all is forgiven with NK or that we now fully trust them. I'm not sure why some people think that is what we are saying.

I'm also not sure why being happy for these men somehow means we have forgotten or don't care about what happened to Otto. 

Sheesh.

Exactly why I am more and more picky where I get my news.  I'm sick of all the negative coverage when good things happen.  I can't imagine forgetting what NK did to that young man.  Most of us have enough sense to figure out what's going on.    

@MomCat, ITA. We should all be very careful that our preferred media gives us as much balanced and factual news as possible.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Has there been a report on their physical condition? After what happened with that one young man who was sent home in a coma and later died, you've got to wonder. I wonder if they will eventually be allowed to go public about what REALLY happened in prison and also being in that society. I know one of them was teaching there.

Well, NK was thanked for treating these men wonderfully...

They imprisoned them for goodness sakes. How could that POSSIBLY be treating them wonderfully?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

From the looks of them ,they were certainly treated much better than otto.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine how wonderful the families of these people feel.

The lady I take my sheets to to be drycleaned has family members in both North and South Korea.

She and I have talked about this situation for quite a few years (I've known her for a long time).

I guess I don't need to tell you how excited she is about the recent possibility of 'talks'.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Has there been a report on their physical condition? After what happened with that one young man who was sent home in a coma and later died, you've got to wonder. I wonder if they will eventually be allowed to go public about what REALLY happened in prison and also being in that society. I know one of them was teaching there.

They imprisoned them for goodness sakes. How could that POSSIBLY be treating them wonderfully?

@gidgetgh

Just guessing but, Maybe, they were treated well (or better) AFTER the NK regime decided to release them.

It would not be the first time that treatment improved once it was decided that hostages would be released. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

It’s wonderful they are back.

But...I need to see this action ‘age’ for a year/2 before

before issuing anything congratulatory.  

Lots of mistrust for both sides.

Things are not what they appear to be. 

@sidsmom  I do not trust NK, a communist country!

Honored Contributor

@trenet wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@gidgetgh

Just guessing but, Maybe, they were treated well (or better) AFTER the NK regime decided to release them.

It would not be the first time that treatment improved once it was decided that hostages would be released. 

It was reported that they were *fattened up* (for lack of a better phrase) for a month before being released.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I'm sickened by those who view the return of 3 fellow Americans as a staged publicly stunt....the government officials greeted them, then stepped aside to let those men be the center of attention & returning in the wee hours of the morning is not staging. All due credit to the administration for bringing these men home to their country & their families...I wish them well, recovering from what they've been through is going to be difficult. What in the world have many citizens in this country become when they can't even be reasonable in their response to such wonderful news...I can't understand it.

@kitcat51  I agree with you 100%......