QVC Customer Care

Re: Good News - U S Korean-American Prisoners Released

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why the  release of them,and otto was killed?

Otto was returned home to die in June 2017 six months into Trumps presidency.  According to the coroner he had a tracheotomy scar that was about 12 months old.  He was sentenced in March 2016. Whatever they did to him or happened to him was then likely in the first half of 2016 before the current administration took office.  Very sad.

Respected Contributor

Thrilling news.  It was so nice to see the President and First lady greet them at 2 am.

Valued Contributor

Wonderful news to hear they have been released and are home again.

I felt the same happiness and relief in 2009 when Euna Lee and Laura Ling were freed.

Respected Contributor

Something worth tuning into at 2am!  I was so moved by this!  This is what it truly means to be proud of our country.  Bless them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure the parents of the murdered student feel very mixed today..It must still be awful for them

I don't trust N Korea at all

@cherry  I don't trust NK either.  When the citizens are able to live free lives and have decent food to eat and are not isolated from the rest of the world, maybe I will trust them just a little.  What their people have to suffer is an abomination.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla, it's true that some of the news coverage-- but definitely not all-- has been strangely muted for such a momentous, historical event.

I have heard others complain as well that they would like to know more about these men.  Me too!  There need to be some splashy profiles done of them, but for now I'm sure they and their families are relishing their privacy after the ordeal. 

So far I found out that two of them have been teachers, and possibly the third as well.  I think at least one of them has some theological training or background. They are of Korean descent and wanted to help the Korean people...

Respected Contributor

Who Are the Three Americans That Have Been Released

by North Korea?

What did they do, and why were they taken prisoner?

Here’s what we know about Kim Hak Song, Tony Kim and

Kim Dong Chul.

http://time.com/5272203/north-korea-detainees-free-what-we-know/

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@drizzellla, it's true that some of the news coverage-- but definitely not all-- has been strangely muted for such a momentous, historical event.

?

I flip around & listen to all the 3 cable ‘initial’ stations.

They’ve all talked about this event & the men involved at length.

Maybe the ‘stangely muted’ is your local news stations?

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I have heard others complain as well that they would like to know more about these men.  Me too!  There need to be some splashy profiles done of them, but for now I'm sure they and their families are relishing their privacy after the ordeal. 

So far I found out that two of them have been teachers, and possibly the third as well.  I think at least one of them has some theological training or background. They are of Korean descent and wanted to help the Korean people...

I guess I'm the 'odd man out' when it comes to coverage of these brave mens' return from captivity.  I prefer a more subdued and respectful approach to media coverage of this event.  Perhaps an hour-long special celebrating their lives and return to their homeland?