Honored Contributor

Re: Good News - U S Korean-American Prisoners Released

@drizzellla wrote:

Not one mention about it in our local newspaper. I thought I could read a bit more about the men who were released. 

@drizzellla& @Oznell, it was the prominent on the national news we watched last night and on the first page of our newspaper today.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @MorningLover, for the "Time" article.  Here's another I found from "Newsweek",  which covers some of the same ground and adds some other tidbits about them:

http://www.newsweek.com/who-are-three-americans-released-north-korea-trump-administration-wins-their...

I think I'll be quite interested to hear them interviewed, as well, with their own impressions, if and when that is deemed possible...

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I stayed up to watch.

It was very humbling and wonderful. They looked healthy, although they had been on a plane for so many hours they looked a bit tired.

Must have been a surreal moment for them. I can't even imagine how overwhelming it was for them.

Was very proud that both the President, The VP AND both first and second ladies went out in the middle of the night to greet them.

I think it will be a while before these men actually process they are free!

Honored Contributor

I feel like this is all staged -- based on when they were taken and what is going on.  Just too convenient.  The reality show continues.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I feel like this is all staged -- based on when they were taken and what is going on.  Just too convenient.  The reality show continues.

Staged, where do you get that  ......  show me Proof!!!!!Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

Wonderful news to hear they have been released and are home again.

I felt the same happiness and relief in 2009 when Euna Lee and Laura Ling were freed.

@Highlands72, Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@ValentinaBon wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

statement from released prisoners:

"We would like to express our deep appreciation to the United States government, President Trump, Secretary Pompeo, and the people of the United States for bringing us home. We thank God, and all our families and friends who prayed for us and for our return.  God Bless America, the greatest nation in the world.”

Darn right...the greatest nation in the world, flaws and all. 

Ditto @ValentinaBon!

Honored Contributor

It was a great relief to watch them get off the plane.  Pure joy is what I saw. 

O/T - I saw this story on both local and national news this morning, and on every single news website I visited. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Not one mention about it in our local newspaper. I thought I could read a bit more about the men who were released. 

@drizzellla did you check your local paper's online version?  The only thing I can possibly think of is, perhaps in smaller cities, the newspapers might be sent to print earlier than larger/national papers, and it was printed before it happened.

Honored Contributor

I am glad for them and their families, but question   the treatment of otto,and them might have more to do with  them being from korean descent.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.