Honored Contributor

Re: Good News - U S Korean-American Prisoners Released

@sidsmom wrote:

It’s wonderful they are back.

But...I need to see this action ‘age’ for a year/2 before

before issuing anything congratulatory.  

Lots of mistrust for both sides.

Things are not what they appear to be. 

@sidsmom, I totally understand. But this is really just about two people who will be coming home. I am grateful for those who made this possible, just as I was grateful in the past for such actions. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't consider this in the larger realm of politics or the international mess. Naive, perhaps.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Just checked-- so far, the plans are for a "welcome-home" and celebration of their rescue at Andrews Air Force Base, at 2:00 a.m Eastern.  Rats, I'd love to be awake to witness that live. 

Three prisoners, who may very well have thought they were consigned to a fate as long, excruciating, torturous and horrible as tragic young Otto Warmbier endured, walking onto American soil to a warm welcome full of relef and joy.  It doesn't get more dramatic than that.  Maybe I'll get lucky and have insomnia tonight!

Honored Contributor

Oh, sorry for being repetitive, @ms traditional-- I hadn't yet seen your information about arrival when I blurbed mine!

Just so excited.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The parents must be over the moon with joy and relief.  Let's hope that they are healthy and I can't imagine their ecstatic mindset.  Most likely this release was not expected in their world.  Let's hope this is a sign of continued goodwill and peace.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, sorry for being repetitive, @ms traditional-- I hadn't yet seen your information about arrival when I blurbed mine!

Just so excited.

@Oznell

it is exciting and happy-making.  and thanks for the additional details.  i wondered if the arrival would be at Jt Base Andrews - so i appreciate knowing for sure.  i agree with you about what might have gone through the heads of those poor prisoners in those labor camps.  the horrible life that North Koreans lead in that hellacious country shouldn't be happening in the 21st century.  

Respected Contributor

apparently Ainsley Earhardt did speak with Mr. Warmbier today.  he didn't want to say much (they are suing No Korea in/re Otto) but said that the Warmbiers are thinking of the prisoners and their families today.  and that they are thinking of Otto.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

God bless them..I feel so sorry for them

Honored Contributor

Great news, and I believe a step forward.

hn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

yay !!

SOS's plane from NoKorea has landed in Anchorage.  they are back on U S soil.  perhaps we will hear a statement.  not clear.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Just checked-- so far, the plans are for a "welcome-home" and celebration of their rescue at Andrews Air Force Base, at 2:00 a.m Eastern.  Rats, I'd love to be awake to witness that live. 

Three prisoners, who may very well have thought they were consigned to a fate as long, excruciating, torturous and horrible as tragic young Otto Warmbier endured, walking onto American soil to a warm welcome full of relef and joy.  It doesn't get more dramatic than that.  Maybe I'll get lucky and have insomnia tonight!

@Oznell  I'd like to be awake for that too! I'll look forward to watching it on the news in the morning.

"American soil" - that reminds me, I had a roommate from England and as great as England is she told me once that she could "feel" the freedom in America when she got off the plane. I thought that was pretty neat.