Respected Contributor

Re: Good News - U S Korean-American Prisoners Released

I am not an outwardly emotional person but, when I heard the news, my eyes welled with tears. 

This, IMO, is the first step to a whole new  SAFER world. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I just read an account at 'Newsweek' that suggested that they were able to walk on the plane without assistance.  If true, at least that is a good sign....

@Oznell  that is good.  in the back of my mind is the information learned about one of the recent defectors. when examined they found worms from bad diet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I was thinking the same thing.  But good that the others are safe.  Feeling good about them coming home.  

Valued Contributor

I hope they show us a video of when they land. I’m so very happy for them and their families. While I’m sure Otto’s family wish their son would have been released under better circumstances, I’m sure they are still happy for these families so they don’t suffer the same fate as their son. If only they could have had someone get their son out sooner...

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

All I could think of was Otto and how his parents must feel.

This has been bothering me too, through all this recent news and events. I'm not sure I'd ever get over what they are dealing with, and while this is good news, it must be very hurting and hard for them to see.

Honored Contributor

It’s wonderful they are back.

But...I need to see this action ‘age’ for a year/2 before

before issuing anything congratulatory.  

Lots of mistrust for both sides.

Things are not what they appear to be. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the families will be glad when they are safe...I will breathe easier when they are out of that awful place

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I'm sure the families will be glad when they are safe...I will breathe easier when they are out of that awful place

@cherry  they are with SOS Pompeo and have been on US plane for some hours now.  i don't think they announced their release until they were out of NoKo air space.

the President is greeting them at 2 a.m. arrival in Washington.  i am sure they will be more than grateful to be on American soil and not to have suffered Warmbier's awful fate.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure the parents of the murdered student feel very mixed today..It must still be awful for them

I don't trust N Korea at all