Super Contributor

Re: Good News For QVC And HSN...I Think.

I don't know about this. I Never Ever watch QVC anymore. It's basically unwatchable for reasons discussed multiple times here. I will occasionally watch a video when considering a purchase but skip most of it just to see the item. Customer photos in reviews on other websites do about the same for me. I just can't face any more  QVC presentations. But maybe I've been a customer too long!

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:       I really don't feel I have any long distance relationship with any shopping channel host nor vendor. And I don't feel the need to develop one. To me, they are simply sales people.  Not any  different than a sales person at my local Home Depot or Alberston's

I don't see how you can equate people working entry-level positions at the grocery store with career designers and product buyers with 20, 30, 40, 50+ years of experience in their field. You are not being told to have a relationship with QVC personalities but don't belittle the people who do. After all, that is why QVC has provided us with the community forums. Does your local Albertson's pay their employees six-figure salaries to connect with customers over TV and social media?

Respected Contributor

Capture4-7.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

@corita wrote:       I really don't feel I have any long distance relationship with any shopping channel host nor vendor. And I don't feel the need to develop one. To me, they are simply sales people.  Not any  different than a sales person at my local Home Depot or Alberston's

I don't see how you can equate people working entry-level positions at the grocery store with career designers and product buyers with 20, 30, 40, 50+ years of experience in their field. You are not being told to have a relationship with QVC personalities but don't belittle the people who do. After all, that is why QVC has provided us with the community forums. Does your local Albertson's pay their employees six-figure salaries to connect with customers over TV and social media?

------------

Yikes ....bad day??  Not arguing nor belittling...just

a different point of view of sales people!