Honored Contributor

Re: Good Grief! The Cheaters/Fake Calls/ROBO Calls are Going Crazy Today!

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Twice a week for about 3 months now, I get a call from an Indian-sounding guy saying that he is with Microsoft and needs to "fix" my computer!!  HA!  

He calls from a different phone number every time, but I recognize him each time he calls. 

I've even begun telling him I do not even OWN a computer and to stop calling! One time I told him that I do not know what Microsoft is!  They   are certainly persistent. 

Please don't answer this phone call, that is letting them know there is an actual person there. 

let it go to an answering machine, please take advantage of any blocking tech that you can.

Regular Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

Last week I had a telemarketer call my home phone at 7:02 am! Isn't that a little early? I told him he woke me up (even though I was actually just leaving for work) & he hung up. 

They are con artists. They don't care if it's early or late.

Honored Contributor

Hi Annabelle!  As I mentioned, yes, I do know that each of my handsets has its own 'block' button.     The distinction I made, clearly not very well I guess, was that those call block units don't work on every handset.  If you have a large-ish house, as I do, and your main handset is hooked up in an inconvenient area, the call block UNITS are not the best choice because, in my case, I'd have to run upstairs as fast as I can (which I can't due to some back and joint problems) to push the button.

This is why I did NOT purchase one of those call block units and, instead, have a set of phones that have a block button on each one.

Respected Contributor

I no longer have a landline so that took care of the constant calls.