Honored Contributor

Re: Gonna be longer than I thought

@Teddie wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I checked my parish website. Many people have died in a short time. This was very disturbing. 

The church was open for 2 hours of private pray last week, and may have weekday mass with social distanting this week. People like me in a high risk group are not welcome. 

There are many churches in my area that have live screaming services on Facebook.

It will take all of us to reach a new normal. 

@Nuttmeg 

Well auto correct just gave me my laugh of the day as I pictured your screaming services! 🥴

I noticed that too and snorted! 😄

SIGN ME UP!!!

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Lali1 

That is why I have my groceries and other items delivered.  Less exposure.

Mine too. I did do pickup Friday from Walmart. The parking lot was pretty full. I was surprised. 

@Lali1  @DiAnne  

I did a WalMart pickup this morning. No exposure at all; never even rolled down my car window. I have found the pickup area to be less busy on Sunday morning and I am in/out in just a few minutes. The parking lot is pretty packed no matter what time or day I go. 

One thing this horrible situation has done is teach me a better a better way to shop. I don’t need to go into any stores to get the things I need. And staying out of them prevents me from buying things I don’t need. I do not miss wandering around WalMart or the grocery store and plan to continue doing pickup orders in the future, even if the health dangers pass.

I agree pickup was so easy and no contact. I did have to reclose the back of my Jeep because the kid didn't know to slam it. Next time I'll be sure to tell them and roll down a window. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our church is going to continue live-streaming services until mid-July. I am fine with that; you can never be too careful under the current circumstances. I don't know how opening up and having to limit attendance to 25% would work. I do miss seeing many of my church friends, though.

Respected Contributor

As of yesterday we were told Masses will resume next weekend (subject to change).  

I won't be attending this summer.  Will see what fall brings.  Will continue to watch it streamed,

Honored Contributor

Ours is opening with some extra rules. We aren't going yet. They did ask people with allergies to stay home because anyone coughing or sneezing will be a distraction.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 

I have had great success with Instacart.  I do use it at a local market that is a little pricey but has great produce (I am picky).  I also use it at Costco.  I am down to a system now I get a delivery from them every Friday and I always get exactly what I order.  It just appears on my front porch.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's an argument waiting for you - regardless what public stance you take. Glad my church is going to wait. Another church in the area is suing the county because they are essential.   

It's a lot to think about. Stay safe.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I live in Michigan, which has one of the most restrictive stay-at-home orders in place there is. Through all of this, there has never, ever been a restriction or prohibition on in-person attendance at worship services. Not one, and I've read and analyzed ALL of the executive orders. However; churches have opted to go to streaming or on-line services on their own. I'm part of the second layer of lay leadership at my church, and we've made the decision to continue with our on-line services thru the summer. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@prettychris, well I just don't agree with your "clearly some people don't want [churches] open"
comment and you brought up comparing it to Wal Mart. Hence my comment.

People can really slip by with temperature taking. My temperature has always been below normal, so 98.5 for me is a fever!
Honored Contributor

I think it's a good idea to wait until cases go substantially downward.

Well, I guess it depends on the church/building and how many folks attend (?)

Around here, the churches are packed (lots of people live here).  Maybe in a very, very small town where there aren't many folks packed into a building...........

Hey, wait !   I just thought of something.  How about having services outdoors?  If there is a large parking lot or field where folks can keep their distance, wearing masks.  

The pastor/priest/etc. can speak via microphone.  

Well, wishing us all well.  I'm fairly sure that cases will diminish if each of us is/are very careful.

Good luck to all.  Keep safe, and we will see a much brighter day in the future.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).