Contributor

My 50th Golden Wedding Anniversary is coming up this summer.  For those of you who have already celebrated your 50th, how did you celebrate this special day?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Golden Wedding Anniversary

Have not had my 50 th yet but CONGRATULATIONS to you both. Take a cruise or a land vacation and just send pictures of the party you both are having. 

❤️❤️ congratulations 🍾🎉🎊🎈 

Respected Contributor

The best I ever attended...a surprise block party for my Great Aunt & Uncle, they were the sweetest couple & they had a wonderful time. Enjoy your 50th @dazzlingdiane.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations! Heart

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Valued Contributor

Our 50th wedding anniversary was last month.  DH and I celebrated by taking a cruise. It was just the two of us and that was nice for us.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  I'll never celebrate a 50th anniversary, but my parents did.  They hosted a lovely dinner for family and good friends.  It was lovely, and a perfect way for us all to celebrate.

Do what makes you and hubby happy!

Esteemed Contributor

How wonderful for you both.  Congrats.

Respected Contributor

I'll not ever reach that milestone, but my parents did.

Their anniversary was in March, but they decided to wait on their celebration until May, when they (and most of their friends) had returned from wintering in climates much warmer than Michigan.

They held an afternoon reception at my Dad's golf club. There were heavy hor d'oeuvres, cake and beverages. We had a table with pics from their wedding and some other memorabilia. Outside, there were putters available for anyone (i.e. grandkids) who grew restless and wanted some time on the putting green.  My parents were never "formal" people and the celebration fit them perfectly. It was a wonderful afternoon. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

It was 2 years ago this month.  We celebrated privately as we have done almost forever.  That was important to us.

Do whatever you both enjoy !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

If we are both still alive, I doubt if we do anything other than maybe go to dinner--he always insists on that!  LOL!!!

Otherwise, I am too blessed every day to have this wonderful gift as long as I can have him and that's absolutely all and everything I need.