Esteemed Contributor

Re: Golden State Killer arrested

@Wsmom wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

For those who live or have lived in the area -- 

-- he lived in Citrus Heights for at least twenty years.  That is where they picked him up.

FBI and other law-enforcement agents gather in Citrus Heights.

It's a huge relief, I think I must be within a few miles from him, but have assumed he was dead or in jail.  I'll be watching the press conference at 12 for sure.

I can't imagine what it was like for the neighbors to realize he was living next door.

@Caligurll, I believe a close intersection may be Wachtel and Old Auburn if you're familiar with that area.

Not only the neighbors but I think of his family...can you imagine? 

Thanks, @Wsmom, I am familiar with that area.  I do feel bad for his family.  I'm wondering if they found him through familial DNA, since they are saying they found him through new DNA technology.  That's all they are saying at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

-- he lived in Citrus Heights for at least twenty years.  That is where they picked him up.

It's a huge relief, I think I must be within a few miles from him, but have assumed he was dead or in jail.  I'll be watching the press conference at 12 for sure.

I can't imagine what it was like for the neighbors to realize he was living next door.

@Caligurll, I believe a close intersection may be Wachtel and Old Auburn if you're familiar with that area.

Thanks, @Wsmom, I am familiar with that area.  I do feel bad for his family.  I'm wondering if they found him through familial DNA, since they are saying they found him through new DNA technology.  That's all they are saying at this point.

@Caligurll, I think we are located very close by each other.  FYI Channel 3 interviewed Ann Marie Schubert (probably all the channels did) for the 6 o'clock news.  Again, all she would say was the innovative DNA technology and that is all she can say now.  It will be interesting to find out how they knew, it sounds like a week ago, to zero in on him.  And there was no tip.  I wish during the noon news conference they would have repeated the questions when they gave their answers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Caligurll, I think we are located very close by each other.  FYI Channel 3 interviewed Ann Marie Schubert (probably all the channels did) for the 6 o'clock news.  Again, all she would say was the innovative DNA technology and that is all she can say now.  It will be interesting to find out how they knew, it sounds like a week ago, to zero in on him.  And there was no tip.  I wish during the noon news conference they would have repeated the questions when they gave their answers. 

@WsmomI was watching channel 3 at 6 too.  I'm watching the special report right now.  Hello, neighbor!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@WsmomI was watching channel 3 at 6 too.  I'm watching the special report right now.  Hello, neighbor!

@Caligurll, Hi!  I've switched to 13 now to see if they have any different info.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@LoriLori, are you from this area?

ETA:  Sorry, I meant to quote...this is in response to your photo of the citrus heights home.    Are you from the Sac area is my question. 

@Wsmom, no.  Coincidentally my BFF (since we're 3 years old!) lives there now but yesterday told me not in Citrus Heights.  And I've been to California but not Sacramento.

I've been reading Michelle McNamara's book "I'll Be Gone in the Dark."  And based on some of the specific things she wrote I've been looking at info on two huge forums (there are four; one shut down, and the fourth you have to be join to read and I wasn't about to do that).

In the book she shows us the essay he wrote about sixth grade that he once dropped along with bindings and another page torn from a journal.  You read the essay (entitled "Mad") all about sixth grade, you see the handwriting and the way he writes, I have to think somebody saw that and thought of him.  Maybe not the way they caught him but it's so specific.  The essay's existed all these years -- but she published it in her book.

I don't for one minute believe her book (and original blog) had nothing to do with it.  It resulted in two documentaries capitalizing ahead of all the publicity.  She put together crimes spread across the state and named him the Golden State Killer, because he was known by three different names across jurisdictions.

Honored Contributor

Based on the press conference and some LE gave to newspapers yesterday, it looks like they might fight over jurisdiction -- each of the three counties in which he offended.  I hope I'm wrong.  They've all charged him. 

I wonder if there's a way to combine the offenses into one trial -- but still I'm afraid all three of the elected DAs and sheriffs will want to be in charge.

Hopefully someone in California who posts here or someone who finds out will post it here and notify me.  TIA.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Thoughts on how a person can kill,rape  and eventually stop  for years,if they stop  how could they ever start?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  They wouldn't let me heart your last post. Hmmm.........I think it will be deleted. Anyway, as usual, I'm late to the party. I missed the news conference (maybe youtube will have something). I want to see how they found him and how it all went down, including him!!! I have been following the case but never in a million years did I think they'd get him. Hurrah! for them. If he was a cop he must be pretty dumb to leave his prints all over the place-or maybe he thought the cops are dumb. Wrong!

Honored Contributor

I saw his picture. He deserves this face.