Honored Contributor

Re: Golden State Killer arrested

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

There was another case years ago,  the killer was a family man,  he was finally caught after many years, i can see the man in my mind just can't remember  who he was.

@goldensrbest

Bet you’re thinking of John List.

He killed his entire family in New Jersey, moved to Denver w/ a totally different identity, married a woman & they started their life in Virginia.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There was another case years ago,  the killer was a family man,  he was finally caught after many years, i can see the man in my mind just can't remember  who he was.Had to look it up,Dennis rader,he was a cub scout leader ,and worked for the national forest.

They were talking earlier about one who killed a lot and he stopped when he got married.  Sounds like the one you're talking about.  I don't know who it is, it's not who I thought it was.

Honored Contributor

The good 'family man' image was one of the things that kept them from being looked at as a suspect. But tg for the science of DNA that this has changed they way officials do business and I think the GSK stopped doing his crimes when he did....but too bad sucker.Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

It really makes me wonder how they  act towards their famlies, how would a person be so cold,and just so mean to do this to people ,and act what we consider normal around family?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There was another case years ago,  the killer was a family man,  he was finally caught after many years, i can see the man in my mind just can't remember  who he was.Had to look it up,Dennis rader,he was a cub scout leader ,and worked for the national forest.

@goldensrbest, Dennis Rader was known as the BTK in Kansas.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Well, there goes that theory.  He was married in 1973, before he started his crimes.  His BIL describes him as a good father to his three daughters (now adults).  He and the wife may have separated at some point.

In an article in Mercury News some neighbors say he was a nice guy and others say he was creepy and scary.  WTH.

He's on suicide watch.  They better make sure he doesn't get to take the coward's way out, they better watch him every single second.

Honored Contributor

Still so many unknowns...I don’t feel that much info has been released.I wish they could release more facts about the case...hope we don’t have to wait for trial.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori, are you from this area?

ETA:  Sorry, I meant to quote...this is in response to your photo of the citrus heights home.    Are you from the Sac area is my question. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw an interview on the local news tonight with Carol Daly, one of the original detectives, who said she talked to one of the rape survivors today, who told her she was going to sleep through the night tonight for the first time since it happened.  I hope this arrest brings some peace to everyone affected. 

He is scheduled for his first court appearance Friday.

ETA:  He's being arraigned tomorrow, not Friday, apparently.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

For those who live or have lived in the area -- 

-- he lived in Citrus Heights for at least twenty years.  That is where they picked him up.

FBI and other law-enforcement agents gather in Citrus Heights.

It's a huge relief, I think I must be within a few miles from him, but have assumed he was dead or in jail.  I'll be watching the press conference at 12 for sure.

I can't imagine what it was like for the neighbors to realize he was living next door.

@Caligurll, I believe a close intersection may be Wachtel and Old Auburn if you're familiar with that area.

Not only the neighbors but I think of his family...can you imagine?