Honored Contributor

I am not getting it at all....not funny, not cute, not relevant.  Since everyone who was in the sitcom is dead (RIP)except for a Betty White... why make a cereal about dead people? For Halloween maybe?   Ok...maybe that is the reason.....

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't touch it.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy blue cereal.  Doesn't matter who's name is on it.

Respected Contributor

I might go for a Golden Girls cheesecake...but never cereal!

Esteemed Contributor

A few minutes on eBay and looking at the number of bids might change some minds about an $8 investment.  Of course there are the usual ridiculous offerings but the active ones are in the $20-$30+ range.  Just don't open the box.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I still enjoy watching the show, but I wouldn’t buy the cereal even if their actual pictures were on the box, and their figurine was a mirror image.   I am not into cutesy.

@beach-mom, I also had one of those limited edition Coke bottles in my curio until my recent purge of that area.   Popped the top and poured the very flat contents down the drain, tossed the bottle in the trash and it’s history now.   I’ve let things like this clutter my life and my house, way too long.   

Honored Contributor
Sounds and looks terrible...I don't eat blue food unless it is blueberries
Esteemed Contributor

Well, some men have a different taste when it comes to decorating! It doesn't matter whether you like the cereal or the Coke, or not - it's another strange thing that some hubbies like to collect and display, and mine does the same thing sometimes. I'd find a different place to move the Coke bottles (don't empty them) and he might not even notice - I moved those things to the extra bedroom. When he does notice, just tell tell him you're moving things around and those bottles have been there long enough! Tell him gently - they don't like to think they don't have good taste. He has a right to collect things, but some things just don't belong in our living rooms! I deal with it too!

Esteemed Contributor

even back in the day, they are so much older than I am now

I don't watch the reruns

Honored Contributor

Weird.  Golden Girls Cereal.

Don't know of the Coke bottles people were collecting, but DH inherited *ahem* two cans of unopened beer from the 70's.  One is of the Bengals and one is of the Steelers.  Not sure why they would be on beer cans. Don't care.

I managed to talk him into putting them in the garage, told him I was afraid they would explode.  They have the old flip top that you actually pull off completely.