Honored Contributor

Re: Gold medal winner from Russia in figure skating

@Sooner, I'm not getting how your comments about the Olympics have anything to with this topic, unless you also believe she is a fake of some sort.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I guess I am missing the point here.

There is no competitive advantage to misrepresenting your age, and therefore no reason to do so, unless you are claiming to be older than your actual age in order to compete at the senior level.

As in gymnastics, figure skating has a minimum age requirement, so that young children don't dominate the sport. There is an advantage  to being tiny and shapeless in certain aspects of these sports . Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@newname0wrote:

@jaxs momwrote:

@WenGirl42wrote:

Alina Zagitova is 18. This is a "cute little ballerina type outfit"?

IMG_0274.JPG

No, she's 15. Evgenia Medvedeva is the one thats 18

I thought of posting this in TV and Movies but I did see some forums here in Community re the Olympics.  Here is the winner in her first outfit looking like a young girl.

Nothing in her skating costume denotes being a young girl. Women of all ages where this type of ballet costume. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@newname0wrote:

I watched some of the ending figure skating gala event and was shocked to see the Russian gold medal winner doing a routine in a tiger striped body suit.  She looked and acted older than 15.  Now when she skated for the gold medal she wore a cute little ballerina type outfit that really made her look about 14.  How she changed in that gala event made me suspicious that the little girl routine was all put on.  IMO Russia fooled us again.

I believe she was the junior champion for Russia quite recently. She was able to participate in the Olympics, not only because of her obvious talent, but because many of the Russians who might have been selected to attend the Olympics could not participate due to the doping scandal. That being said, it doesn't matter how old she is because she won based on her talent. The striped body suit would not have been appropriate for the competition, but was appropriate for the gala. I don't think she was trying to fool us.They don't judge them based on age so I don't understand how we were fooled. I am not a fan of the Russians in other areas, but they have always produced very talented skaters.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@Irish1210wrote:

@newname0

"Russia fooled us again" how?

What am I missing here?

They cheat and are banned from sending athletes but get by with it anyway.  That's how they fool us.  But then that just means we are fools again doesn't it? 

The whole thing is a sham because so many of the athletes are just hired competitior for countries they don't live in.  

The athletes from Russia, that participated in the Olympics, were not involved in the doping and they were also not allowed to represent Russia (as a punishment to Russia). You need to do a little more research before you make these crazy statements that are not true. We are not fools and we have not been duped. The behavior of Russia in other areas may not be above board, but let's not accuse these talented athletes of things they are not responsible for.Smiley Happy

Contributor

You are mistaken, Alina is only 15 years old...the other Russian Ice Skater is 17 years old...Alina won the Gold & beat out her friend who was suppose to win!  

The USA was great, but has a lot of catching up to beat out the Russians!  🇺🇸⛸

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2wrote:

@Soonerwrote:

@Irish1210wrote:

@newname0

"Russia fooled us again" how?

What am I missing here?

They cheat and are banned from sending athletes but get by with it anyway.  That's how they fool us.  But then that just means we are fools again doesn't it? 

The whole thing is a sham because so many of the athletes are just hired competitior for countries they don't live in.  

The athletes from Russia, that participated in the Olympics, were not involved in the doping and they were also not allowed to represent Russia (as a punishment to Russia). You need to do a little more research before you make these crazy statements that are not true. We are not fools and we have not been duped. The behavior of Russia in other areas may not be above board, but let's not accuse these talented athletes of things they are not responsible for.Smiley Happy

If you don't think they represented Russia, YOU are the duped one.  Really.  And Russia beneffited greatly, so who's the dumb one?  Not Russia. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Sooner, I'm not getting how your comments about the Olympics have anything to with this topic, unless you also believe she is a fake of some sort.

@suzyQ3

And i'm still trying to figure out how she was cheating or pulling the wool over our eyes.

Honored Contributor

The Russian women were simply much better than the Americans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@suzyQ3

And i'm still trying to figure out how she was cheating or pulling the wool over our eyes.

RUSSIA cheated and got their athletes on the platforms.  THAT's what I'm saying.  They still came to the games and the Russian athletes won golds when they were supposedly banned.  Shameful.