Super Contributor

Gold Rush, miss the days.......

I miss when gold was affordable and I could buy lots of it.

The good old days!

Super Contributor

Re: Gold Rush, miss the days.......

@petepetey  That's what I was just thinking ... I must be showing my age, because I remember when gold jewelry was better quality and a lot cheaper.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is one of the best Gold Rush Days in a very, very long time! Nancy Hornbeck has done a lovely job presenting jewelry. Her knowledge and enjoyment of all stones and jewelry is obvious. Nancy is a pleasure to watch on these shows.  The newer hosts, Katrina, Ali and a male (forgot his name) were also excellent in the early hours.  

So kind of Nancy to not wear her wedding rings and show rings for sale on each hand! Such a thoughtful gesture. Her hands and nails are perfect for showing off gorgeous jewelry. 

I'm in love with those 14K bold, box chains! WOW. Stunning pieces and heavy gram weight. Heart  All-in-all, this is a great day on QVC. Glad to have some really nice pieces, rather than the chinzy stuff of past years. I bought many pieces of heavy, quality gold chains, bangles, and bracelets many, many years ago which are still being worn today. At the time, Eterna Gold was my favorite for box chains, bangles and bracelets . . . and I have a lot of them in both yellow and white gold.  

The buyers are listening to viewers! Nice job, QVC. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I thought the TSV was a tad expensive for a lot of people to purchase...way out of my price range.

Respected Contributor

I still have some nice gold pieces from many years ago when gold was around $200/oz.  (Now you know how old I am.)  Quite honestly, I started buying silver and gems set in silver when the gold prices went up, and I've gotten used to it.......I think I even prefer it to gold because you get so much more weight with it than with the gold.  I will look, but probably not buy today.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Years ago I bought a gold chain for my husband.  He had never worn one before so I wasn't sure what length to get.  It was too short for him so I just kept it for myself and bought him another one.  I sure wouldn't be doing that now!

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I still have some nice gold pieces from many years ago when gold was around $200/oz.  (Now you know how old I am.)  Quite honestly, I started buying silver and gems set in silver when the gold prices went up, and I've gotten used to it.......I think I even prefer it to gold because you get so much more weight with it than with the gold.  I will look, but probably not buy today.

I got two beautiful sets YEARS ago, when anything under $20/gram was a good buy. One was a solid medium sized box link, the other another solid rope chain.

I bought 2 bracelets, 2 necklaces, and an extender and paid less than $400 for all five pieces. Right place at right time!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I thought the TSV was a tad expensive for a lot of people to purchase...way out of my price range.

I really like the rounded box chains but they are out of my price range as well.  The offered the matching necklaces.  Prices were outrageous.

Honored Contributor

I have a gold charm bracelet that I bought from the Q years ago. Actually, it was a bracelet, and I purchased the charms individually. The charms are solid and substantial, and I can’t imagine what the whole thing would cost today. Oddly enough, though I did buy a lot of gold when it was affordable, I wear silver exclusively now, go figure.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

I miss when gold was affordable and I could buy lots of it.

The good old days!

I do too @petepetey!