Super Contributor

Re: Going to see David Cassidy....

I saw him about 10 years ago, and it was a great show....I love his version of the song, "Cherish."  Last night I saw Lou Christie in concert...great show also, and he still can hit those high notes!  Enjoy the show...let us know how it was.

Esteemed Contributor

@Loveac wrote:

I saw him about 10 years ago, and it was a great show....I love his version of the song, "Cherish."  Last night I saw Lou Christie in concert...great show also, and he still can hit those high notes!  Enjoy the show...let us know how it was.

Oh my gosh, now there's a name from the past!!  I saw Lou Christie about 30 years ago and he put on a great show then.  Glad to hear he can still hit those high notes; that must have been amazing!!  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I thought he was dead.  I haven't heard the name in 30 years.

LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, one of the old hearthrobs for sure.  When I was a freshman/sophomore in high school, I had the same hairdo as him - long grown out shag...LOL  I swear, the older he gets, he keeps looking more and more like his dad.

@newjersey - I hope you have a blast.  DH and I have been to see The Monkees Heart, Herman's Hermits Heart, Bobby Sherman Heart, Davy Jones Heart (w/o PT and MD) and others from days gone by....LOVED it each and every time.

Honored Contributor

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

I saw him in Vegas in 1998 and he was great. I hope he's over his addiction issues and puts on a great show for you. He was my dream man in elementary school.

@BostonMom 59, I saw him in Vegas too....early 2000 or 2001. Had a great time and he still looked good back then. He even shook my hand! Lol! Have fun @newjersey!!! 

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You read this forum.  I've seen threads about him here.  None I saw announced his death.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL!  He has been on hard luck lately. He was arrested a few times for a DUI and I think he is divorced again.  I just checked and he is only 5'6 1/2" and I thought I was going to marry him! LOL! I'm 5'9". Don't know how Susan Dey didn't tower over him on the show. I just checked and she is only 5'7" tall.  I remember when he married Kay Lenz. She was on the show and she played a girl who wasn't interested in him (David Patridge). Later, she was on Rich Man Poor Man. I loved that show.

Anyway, the reason why I wrote this is because when I was 16 and babysat for this family, the mother asked (more like begged and pleaded with me) to go to Madison Square Garden with her daughter (and the other mothers and their daughters) to see David Cassidy. I acted like I was doing her the biggest favor but I was secretly THRILLED! LOL! I even was paid to do it. I remember, David wore a white outfit with fringes down the arms. Shortly, thereafter, is when a girl was crushed to death at one of his concerts.

Earlier today, I was talking to a loan officer about refinancing my home loan and his name was Patridge which made me think of this show.

Anyway, have loads of fun!   And ladies, David is alive and kicking and it appears drinking, too!!

♫ ♫  I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of, afraid that I'm sure of, boom, boom. ♫♫     LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You read this forum.  I've seen threads about him here.  None I saw announced his death.

Agreed.  This is at least the third or so thread I've seen about David Cassidy in the last few years.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Yep, one of the old hearthrobs for sure.  When I was a freshman/sophomore in high school, I had the same hairdo as him - long grown out shag...LOL  I swear, the older he gets, he keeps looking more and more like his dad.

@newjersey - I hope you have a blast.  DH and I have been to see The Monkees Heart, Herman's Hermits Heart, Bobby Sherman Heart, Davy Jones Heart (w/o PT and MD) and others from days gone by....LOVED it each and every time.

You forgot Tom Jones! and his lookalike or copycat  Engelbert Humperdinck.

Tom Jones played at a lake concert by my home 2 years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalMom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

You forgot Tom Jones! and his lookalike or copycat  Engelbert Humperdinck.

Tom Jones played at a lake concert by my home 2 years ago.

@CalMom  That was my sister....she saw TJ back in the mid/late 60's.  Maybe EH, too.  My other sister and I would watch TJ on TV.  I was pretty young at the time, knew his songs from the radio, but didn't really understand why he was dancing "that way"...Woman Embarassed