Trusted Contributor

Going to get vaccine at work next week

I decided to go ahead and get the vaccine at work next week. I had some concerns over the long term effects, however with the number of cases and number of deaths raising every day I need to do my part to help stop the spread by getting vaccinated.

Valued Contributor

Re: Going to get vaccine at work next week

The opportunity to get the vaccine is coming up very soon for me as well, but I haven't made my mind up yet whether to get it or not. Meanwhile, I need to decide by Monday morning about letting my sister, who's in a skilled nursing facility, get vaccinated. She is not capable of making such a decision, so it's up to me. I feel that there are risks either way. I'll just have to weigh the pros and cons and choose which option I believe to have the fewest risks.

Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper  That's where I'm at myself.  I thougt and prayed about it a lot and decided that I'd rather have side effects than die from a disease that could probably be prevented by the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one knows about the side effects or if the vaccine even works.  I'm not taking it.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Know one knows about the side effects or if the vaccine even works.  I'm not taking it.

@rms1954   I agree.  We won't know those things for awhile.   

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Know one knows about the side effects or if the vaccine even works.  I'm not taking it.

@BalletBabe @rms1954  The vaccine will work to protect you from getting sick. However you can still catch the virus - it will be asymptomatic and you could spread it. Hence, we need to social distance & wear masks for awhile still. 

I have many medical doctors in my family.  No side effects, other than the injection point tender  (as with most vaccines) -  and they've had both doses.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@BalletBabe @rms1954  The vaccine will work to protect you from getting sick. However you can still catch the virus - it will be asymptomatic and you could spread it. Hence, we need to social distance & wear masks for awhile still. 

I have many medical doctors in my family.  No side effects, other than the injection point tender  (as with most vaccines) -  and they've had both doses.

I just feel they push vaccines and all these medications like they show on TV and then years later there are side effects and health issues.  I just don't feel comfortable with having something injected in me that has not been tested enough.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Ibby114   No Thanks.  I have had reactions to Flu and Pneumonia shots.  I am not interested in this vaccine.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I just feel they push vaccines and all these medications like they show on TV and then years later there are side effects and health issues.  I just don't feel comfortable with having something injected in me that has not been tested enough.

@rms1954   I agree 100%.