Honored Contributor

Re: Going To A New Hair Salon

I'm the OP, I'm going on Tuesday to get my hair cut and colored. I'm looking for a color change, my hair is sort of a reddish brown, it always turns brassy ( I will purchase a color protector spray to put on my hair prior to drying it). No matter what shade of brown I have colored my hair it always turns reddish. As far as a haircut, I have a lob that hits my collarbone, it isn't a flattering style for me. I have a narrow oval face, I feel I need layers which I use to get. I have been looking at pictures I can show my stylist but I'm not sure. I also don't really know the proper terminology, do I ask for layers, choppy, or texturizing? This may be a trial and error but I don't want to walk out of the salon with a style I hate. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I wear a pony tail.....It's FREE

@Desertdi   I trim my own hair and wear it my  natural  silver....wear it up or use clips...no one to have to tip😄

Respected Contributor

Hair can be costly...I have never colored at a salon just do it at home.  Never paid over 45 for a cut including tip.  I never seem to go to a stylist for long as I might get a really good cut one time and the next time it is uneven and hard to style so I find someone else.  I wish I could find someone reasonable and consistent.  When you have short hair and go every month it is costly.  

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm the OP, I'm going on Tuesday to get my hair cut and colored. I'm looking for a color change, my hair is sort of a reddish brown, it always turns brassy ( I will purchase a color protector spray to put on my hair prior to drying it). No matter what shade of brown I have colored my hair it always turns reddish. As far as a haircut, I have a lob that hits my collarbone, it isn't a flattering style for me. I have a narrow oval face, I feel I need layers which I use to get. I have been looking at pictures I can show my stylist but I'm not sure. I also don't really know the proper terminology, do I ask for layers, choppy, or texturizing? This may be a trial and error but I don't want to walk out of the salon with a style I hate. 

If i want a big change, i take in a picture.