Honored Contributor

Godiva Closing All Stores in North America

Just heard that reported on my local TV station. You will still be able to buy Godiva chocolate at other retailers that sell it, online, or in Europe. But not at a Godiva store in N. America (despite recently announcing the stores would be opening up cafes!)

Honored Contributor

Re: Godiva Closing All Stores in North America

[ Edited ]

I am on the chocolate wave length tonight also.  Just ordered a build your own box from See's.  Great to get a pound of candy with only your favorite pieces!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, that means another store will be missing from my closest mall whenever I'm able to return there.

While I've been away because of the pandemic, the place has been decimated.  Lord & Taylor gone, now Godiva.  There are probably others that had to close, too.  My lands, the place looked wretchedly empty before all this.

Honored Contributor

Sad news. When we are all finally able to go out and enjoy life fully again there won't be anywhere to go. More jobs lost and more people sadly affected. I know this comes from both the pandemic and the decline of retail in person shopping. I've been hoping that we will get bored of only online shopping and want to visit stores sometimes again. Oh well, I guess our couches have become the new malls. 

Honored Contributor

Godiva chocolate is available all over now, including supermarkets and drug stores.  It seems the company has eroded its image as a luxury brand.

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnneLove Sees build your own box !!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't think the Godiva store in our local mall will be missed.  I hardly ever see anyone shop  there. 

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I am on the chocolate wave length tonight also.  Just ordered a build your own box from See's.  Great to get a pound of candy with only your favorite pieces!

@DiAnne   How did I not know this?!  Build your own box of chococolate?! Dark chocolate covered caramels, here I come!

Thanks for the info. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

GURL... You make an EXCELLENT point.  There is going to be nothing let to go and have fun at.

GURL... You should see what Times Square looks like now.  GURL.

@Mindy D wrote:

Sad news. When we are all finally able to go out and enjoy life fully again there won't be anywhere to go. More jobs lost and more people sadly affected. I know this comes from both the pandemic and the decline of retail in person shopping. I've been hoping that we will get bored of only online shopping and want to visit stores sometimes again. Oh well, I guess our couches have become the new malls. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D. wrote:

@Mindy D   @bigtraps. Europe has the pandemic and the stores aren't closing there so I'm not blaming these closings on the pandemic