Respected Contributor

Re: God speed to the Holy Father Pope Francis

@LilacTree wrote:

I don't know what time it was in Rome, but when I turned CNN on this morning at 8 AM, he had already given a press conference!  He said Washington DC was "formal," and NYC was "exhuberant."  I think he meant to leave Philly out for a good reason.

I am so glad he is safe and sound at home. 

And what reason would that be?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I don't know what time it was in Rome, but when I turned CNN on this morning at 8 AM, he had already given a press conference!  He said Washington DC was "formal," and NYC was "exhuberant."  I think he meant to leave Philly out for a good reason.

And what reason would that be?

Because Philly is the city he initially wanted to visit because of "World Family Day," and he did the things here that he came to accomplish.  I did hear later that he said Philly was "demonstrative."  All good things said about all three cities.  The Pope is very concscientious about the things he says.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

What a wonderful week with the pope being here.I watched as much as I could,what a great few days.Did not have to watch Trump,or all of the rest candiates,very refreshing.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

***************************************************************************************************

It was an "in-flight" interview on the plane, from Philly to Rome.  He was not home yet.

Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Sorry - off topic and controversial.