Honored Contributor

Re: Goal you'd like to reach for yourself in 2023?

I do not set goals because of a holiday or the like... I rather just set them as I need them set... going day by day and just take each day at a time.. each day  as a New Start.

I think when you say "January 1 is the day I am going to start doing THIS" ....   you set yourself up for failure. especially if after a week you blow it....

I say start each day fresh... do not look back at yesterday as a failure. Instead look at the new day as a new fresh begining... nothing wrong with starting over again many times with a positive goal insight.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not set goals because of a holiday or the like... I rather just set them as I need them set... going day by day and just take each day at a time.. each day  as a New Start.

I think when you say "January 1 is the day I am going to start doing THIS" ....   you set yourself up for failure. especially if after a week you blow it....

I say start each day fresh... do not look back at yesterday as a failure. Instead look at the new day as a new fresh begining... nothing wrong with starting over again many times with a positive goal insight.

Yes!  Especially the part about each day being a new start.  For me,  not dwelling on mistakes of yesterday makes achieving goals more attainable.  

However, I do look at the New Year as a time to say "good riddance" to anything that was unpleasant in the previous year!

Honored Contributor

My biggest goal is to remain committed to performing certain health rituals I'm already doing and a few extras I'm currently establishing for myself.  Doing them now will eliminate the "January 1" thing.

Honored Contributor

No need for "goals" if you live every day to be your best self!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Yes ... organize my yarn stash!   

I've been working on is sporadically this past year ... still have lots of boxes to go!

Honored Contributor

To be as thankful as I can every day to the one who makes my blessings. That's my goal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I make goals as the need arises, but I also like to think about what changes I want to make as one year comes to a close and another begins.

I want to start learning some basic yoga. I think it will be a good addition to my current workout routine. I've already downloaded an App so I want to start trying that some mornings. I also want to shop less. I love to shop, especially for clothes and shoes. I'm not in debt, but I have more than enough clothing. I need to buy just what I truly need. I tried to set a limit on the number of items I could buy this year, but I failed miserably. Going to try again.

Best Wishes to All for a Happy & Healthy New Year! 🌈