Honored Contributor

Re: Go to proboards dot com and start another community

Wisteria Lane reminds me of another site-Scarlett *something* long ago.

It was a full fledged bash fest site.  I never joined but the posts were forwarded around and they were awful.

This is always my concern with new sites-posters impersonating other posters and some will share the log-in and password so that multiple people show up to take over 24/7 to pick at other people.

So Pro-Boards Admin. would have to be on top of such actions and trolls.

One person (maybe more) use to use proxies and would get away with causing a lot of harm.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Mellyg,  I sent you an email.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

I am a mod on another site and have assisted with others (until someone could take over permanently). You state the rules, you make them VERY clear, you don't play favorites and you deal with situations quickly. There will ALWAYS be those who are trolls/******-stirrers/problem makers; those that COMPLAIN about them can be one in the same. You DEAL with them swiftly and no exception.  You find out quickly that those who agree and support you stay and make the group wonderful while those whose sole purpose is to bring it down/are negative; leave. 

It can be done. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

A Forum moderated by another poster? I've been on one of those (the offshoot from here) and it's fine and fun for awhile.

Until it gets ugly and then hope that the moderators agree with your opinion and/or are friends.

@Johnnyeager   I feel mods should not post.  They can post a reason why something is deleted as the mods do here but once somebody who was a poster is now a mod-all hail breaks loose.

One mod on another site was hounded terribly here and she left for about a year.  I defended the poor thing consistently.

Then she became a mod "over there" and that was it.  End of the friendship.  Like junior high.  Found a more popular image.  LOL

The Admin of that site was overwhelmed trying to moderate and maintain the site so mods were needed.  

I think suggestions by the members might have worked better but I left anyway.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie @Mellyg I agree about the notion of the name chosen not making a direct reference to QVC. If things are up and running we can ensure those interested in migrating over know where to go but I, for one, see no reason to give QVC name recognition after the stunt they've pulled. Moreover, given the way they seem to be functioning these days, one wonders if at some point they would choose to get nasty about their name being used. I would also suggest that if this comes about that forums relating specifically to QVC and vendors specific to QVC not be replicated, but I also realize some won't favor that idea. They don't want us, they don't respect us and so to the extent possible I suggest severing all ties to Qurate.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Mellyg,  I sent you an email.

Thank you! VERY much appreciated, I hope you received my reply! 

There is a pro boards message center where we can collaborate our ideas (we all have strengths to keep this gathering place together).  I have a link to it.  Not being able to post a link here is my challenge. I would be happy to email it to anyone interested! 

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Carmie @Mellyg I agree about the notion of the name chosen not making a direct reference to QVC. If things are up and running we can ensure those interested in migrating over know where to go but I, or one, see no reason to give QVC name recognition after the stunt they've pulled. Moreover, given the say they seem to be functioning these days, one wonders if at some point they would choose to get nasty about their name being used. I would also suggest that if this comes about that forums relating specifically to QVC and vendors specific to QVC not be replicated, but I also realize some won't favor that idea. They don't want us, they don't respect us and so to the extent possible I suggest severing all ties to Qurate.

I couldn't agree more, @stevieb , that's a valid point!  I have appreciated your diplomatic posts and well thought posts!  There is a message board at pro board. But I can't post the link to it here. If there's a way I can get it to you, that would be great. It would be an easy way for us to gather ideas of moving forward.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mellyg,  you could try posting the URL without making it a live link.

Try:  quicktopic.com/53/H/4mPgcuKCiyKG3%22%3E%20Discuss%20All%20things%20q%3C/a%3E

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Mellyg  I wonder if for now we might keep this thread going as a means of communication. I looked at Proboards and can't seem to find a link to a message board. I will also need to create a new email address specifically for this purpose, if that becomes necessary, as I'd opt to not use my personal and business emails. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Mellyg  I am more than willing to help. I sent an email to the address you posted on another thread.If you need help please reach out.