Esteemed Contributor

Re: Go Fund me and the Texas hairdresser, Shelley Luther

@Porcelain wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Have we forgotten the Mayor of Chicago who went to the hair salon because "she's in the public eye and is on national television and she cares about her personal hygiene"?  Why doesn't someone throw her in jail?  Look at the ones mandating what we do while their families carry on as usual.  We are the little people "do what I say, not what I or my family does".

You want the hairdresser's customers to be arrested too? Not sure whether you want people to be arrested for violating the rules or not.

@Porcelain That's what you took from @Hoovermom 's post?  

I see reading comprehension is still a problem here. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Why bother listening to laws when you can do what you want and be rewarded? Isn't this the first sign of a society sinking into chaos? She doesn't get to pick and choose which laws she'll listen to, nobody else is allowed to do that. I'm sure there are a lot of ppl standing in food lines in order to feed their children. Do I think they like it, heck no! You *DO* do what you have to...as long as you don't break a law.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Have we forgotten the Mayor of Chicago who went to the hair salon because "she's in the public eye and is on national television and she cares about her personal hygiene"?  Why doesn't someone throw her in jail?  Look at the ones mandating what we do while their families carry on as usual.  We are the little people "do what I say, not what I or my family does".

You want the hairdresser's customers to be arrested too? Not sure whether you want people to be arrested for violating the rules or not.

@Porcelain That's what you took from @Hoovermom 's post?  

I see reading comprehension is still a problem here. 

This is a forum. Not the SATs.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote

I don't know much about this story but do know that fake go fund me's are sometimes set up.

@colliemom4 

The story is true I watched the court proceedings. I heard what the judge said and what that accused replied to him.

As for "go fund me"?  No comment.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

This post is going nowhere fast. 1 you mentioned Fox News  2 somehow wanting to go back to work has become a political issue. 

@Lali1 

I see this as an economical issue, not for me, but for the whole country. How to fix it? I will leave to those in a position to do so.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

You have a point! I had forgotten about that.  Do as I say, not as I do, is exactly how this seems. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Or should be anyway.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

This is not a political issue. I feel for these small businesses that have still been shut down when the big box stores are thriving! If you wear a mask and take the necessary precautions we should all be able to go along our way. We're being treated like children. IMO

@ID2 

You've got my vote!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

How was the judge wrong?

The Governor Of Texas had issued a stay at home order.

It was not a suggestion. It was not optional.

It was a stay at home order for all the people.

Did anyone mention that she did receive some of the government funds for small business?

No one is above the law. 

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

This post is going nowhere fast. 1 you mentioned Fox News  2 somehow wanting to go back to work has become a political issue. 

@Lali1 

I see this as an economical issue, not for me, but for the whole country. How to fix it? I will leave to those in a position to do so.

hckynut(john)

I agree for me it is. All I meant is some people seem to side one way or the other because of their political views. Politics seem to have worked it's way into everything these days. 

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

From what I read from several articles and other Judges commenting he did not jail her for the shop being opened but for not apologizing to him for doing so.  So she is in jail for seven days for Contempt of Court. 

@beckyb1012 

You got it! My exact view after watching the court proceedings. To me it had nothing to do with her opening her shop. Could say more!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)