Honored Contributor

Re: Go Fund me and the Texas hairdresser, Shelley Luther

@esmerelda wrote:

@Amelia98 wrote:

Well, at least this (and her new legal problems) will keep her off her game for a while.  Works for me. 

@Amelia98  What are her "new legal problems"?  Google search showed none. 

I looked too @esmerelda.  Could not find a thing but good things about her and wanting to help other small business owners.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

She did get arrested, went to jail for a while and hired attorneys to represent her (Texas Tribune).  So she'll spend her stimulus check on legal fees. Karma.

I would be very hesitant to get services in any salon that defied emergency public health mandates.  If she disagrees with salon hygiene laws, too (like using on-the-cheap sanitizing chemicals, etc) that's how you get a "side" of staph with your pedicure.  Wouldn't trust her for a minute with my toes !!

Honored Contributor

???????????????? scratching my head.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Amelia98 wrote:

She did get arrested, went to jail for a while and hired attorneys to represent her (Texas Tribune).  So she'll spend her stimulus check on legal fees. Karma.

I would be very hesitant to get services in any salon that defied emergency public health mandates.  If she disagrees with salon hygiene laws, too (like using on-the-cheap sanitizing chemicals, etc) that's how you get a "side" of staph with your pedicure.  Wouldn't trust her for a minute with my toes !!

I am sure you would have never patronized her salon before this incident.  

Trusted Contributor

Life is one big risk.  Right now people are having to make critical decisions about risks.  This women is just one of many across the country.  There are plenty of parents, business owners that are down to their last few dollars and trying to find a way to feed their families.  They have employees they are worried about that are struggling.  Their backs are against the wall. 

Everyone bemoaning her going against "restrictions" good grief ladies...You think a small shop sanitizing after each time, with precautions in place is less safe than all the Walmarts, Targets, supermarkets etc with who knows how many people going in without precautions?  Fact most people don't wear their masks correctly, they don't change them out etc.  Those places are germ central.  Always have been always will be. Don't hate on someone who went and got a haircut.  You have no clue the precautions in place.  It was most likely less dangerous than going to the supermarket.  If it doesn't meet your "safety level" great stay away.  No one is telling you do anything you don't want to.  Just because you think it's too risky doesn't mean someone else does..

Just because they don't want to stay locked in their house does not make them bad people.  At this stage you have a persons fear level determinng their basic level of day to day functionality.  If you are too afraid to do anything that's fine.  Don't.  Some people have no choice.  It's either starve, eat spoiled food, resort to theft etc.  What would you like them to do?  They cant even afford basics and your here on a QVC thread most likely able to afford non-essential goods and you're upset with her?  How long can she sit home with no income?  And she was looking at no end to the "lockdown" She's not only scared of the virus, she's scared of having zero way of supporting her family.  

The virus is not going anywhere.  There have been viruses and bacteria throughout history.  If you can stay locked away forever good for you.  Majority cannot and fear causes people to lash out and say and do things they normally would not.  You don't know them or their lives.  They might be afraid but have children they need to feed.    You can't control everyone.  You can only look out for yourself.  

Someone on this thread wanted this woman to lose everything because of what she did.  Take everything away from here because she had her back against the wall and had to find a way to feed her family? Really?  Are you that completely afraid of life that you would want a mother, a complete stranger to you to lose everything?  I am beyond disgusted.  Everyone is a potential spreader.  Everyone can and probably has spread something at some point in their lives.  And fact is once you come out of hiding you will most likely either get it and be asymtomatic, have minor symptoms, never get it, get it with a serious issues.  Also they might find down the road some people are just immune and that's why they never got it.   That's life.   Life is one giant risk.  People need to work, they don't want handouts.  And you can't keep handing out monopoly money.  I am not judging anyone trying to feed their families at this point.  And the longer it goes on the more desperate people will get.  I know several small buiness owners.  I judge no one at his point.  I have not walked in their shoes.  

Esteemed Contributor

A little OT but related to gofundme...I was there over the weekend (for a different cause that I am personally aware of) and I noticed there is an option of tipping gofundme. I think I saw 15%, but there may have been a drop down menu where one could choose their own percentage. 

I don't know who runs it or how. I guess financial support of some kind is needed. At least it's voluntary...unless there's a percentage of money raised taken at the back end. Anyway....

For those interested...I didn't tip...or donate. I didn't see Paypal as an option and decided to send a check instead. 

Keepin' it real.