Honored Contributor

Re: Go Fund me and the Texas hairdresser, Shelley Luther

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I saw an interview last night with Shelley Luther.  No mention of the children of her's that she needs to feed.  The story she gave last night was that her stylists needed to get back to work.  Her stylists were coming to her and telling her they were ready to go underground to do haircuts, etc. because they needed the money.  

The only mention of her child was when she spoke about how they took her off to jail and she was worried that her 17 year old daughter wouldn't know where she was if they didn't allow her to make a phone call.   

Plus she should have received or would be receving the money from the government to pay her workers for at least 2 months  as well as the unemployment both she and her employees would get with an extra $500 a month.  

Sounds like she only has a 17 year old to feed.  Not reason enough to open illegally when everyone else was staying closed.  She needs her license pulled!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is my point.  It is not that she is working.  I can't tell you how many "kitchen beauticians", "back room barbers"  and  other personal service people are working now.  It is hush hush, and if they do this I am not snitching, and it's okay by me. They are careful.   They don't flaunt the law in public, make fun of the laws of state, openly show hatefulness to the Judges who uphold the laws of our country.  She can move to Russia or somewhere if she can't appreciate our country.  Why did she go pubic.?  Rip up an order and sass officers..    Why didn't she work on the sly.?    she is that kind of person.  A real, jerk  and I mean it.   
feed her kids, my rump.  Every family in America needs to feed their kids.  Thank God they all don't break the law.  Then taxpayers pay?..

I hope the tips break  on her best scissors, and the bite is ruined on all her spares.  And while I am at it, may her combs loose their teeth.  

Esteemed Contributor

She shouldn’t have broken the law but the high fine was because she wouldn’t apologize to the judge. We are letting criminals out of jail who are felons or they are not required to make bail. Seems a bit extreme imho
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

This is my point.  It is not that she is working.  I can't tell you how many "kitchen beauticians", "back room barbers"  and  other personal service people are working now.  It is hush hush, and if they do this I am not snitching, and it's okay by me. They are careful.   They don't flaunt the law in public, make fun of the laws of state, openly show hatefulness to the Judges who uphold the laws of our country.  She can move to Russia or somewhere if she can't appreciate our country.  Why did she go pubic.?  Rip up an order and sass officers..    Why didn't she work on the sly.?    she is that kind of person.  A real, jerk  and I mean it.   
feed her kids, my rump.  Every family in America needs to feed their kids.  Thank God they all don't break the law.  Then taxpayers pay?..

I hope the tips break  on her best scissors, and the bite is ruined on all her spares.  And while I am at it, may her combs loose their teeth.  

@shoekitty   You are way too invested in this story.

Be careful what you hope for-because what you send out to the Universe will come come back to bite you threefold.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

You hope the tips break on her scissors and her combs lose teeth?    Real mature.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

You hope the tips break on her scissors and her combs lose teeth?    Real mature.

Shoekitty said:  yes, i thought it was very mature.  😂I used to teach and do platform work.  Scissors are important.  I wouldn't want to wish any other ill will, so loosing scissors are a good place to start with a hairdresser

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Shoekitty said:  yes, i thought it was very mature.  😂I used to teach and do platform work.  Scissors are important.  I wouldn't want to wish any other ill will, so loosing scissors are a good place to start with a hairdresser

Your wish for this hairdresser to loose the tips of her scissors and for the teeth of her comb to break off is very immature and childish.

And when you have to resort to that to illustrate your contempt, then you loose all credibility.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Simple question....  What would you think if restaurants, churches, movie theaters etc.  defied the "order" and stayed open?   

Some of the churches did stay open. I think it was a bad decision.

Trusted Contributor

Well I thought @shoekitty was pretty creative in expressing her exasperation.  I like good imagery, it's a pleasure to read.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

Well I thought @shoekitty was pretty creative in expressing her exasperation.  I like good imagery, it's a pleasure to read.

Shoekitty said:  thank you!  Oh my, I thought everyone was loosing their sense of humor.