Honored Contributor

Re: Go Fund me and the Texas hairdresser, Shelley Luther

@JaneMarple wrote:

This past 7 days:

Sister in law dies last Thursday from Covid {Maryland)

A co-worker's mother diagnosed on Monday, died last night. (Massachusetts)

My nephew active duty Navy tested positive on Monday. (Virginia)

I'm very sorry you are dealing with such loss and stress.❤

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Local news has also covered the owner of a day spa in Little Rock. She decided not to open back up, even thoough she could have. She said she had folks who worked for her who had immunocompromised family members living with them. 

She said it wouldn't be worth it, if someone who worked for her got sick, or gave it to a family member. I understand everyone doesn't have the finances to do that, but it was a wonderful thing to hear. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

We are in the midst of the worst pandemic ever to our country and I can't believe that people want to play politics with human being's lives! 

The judge was on a power trip and the salon owner an arrogant citizen who has her priorities twisted!

73,00 people are dead, in some areas that's an entire town! What is wrong with this picture???? It's not just the elderly or compromised immune sufferers! Please don't justify their deaths. 

May God Bless Our Country.

Her priorities are twisted because she wanted to be able to feed her kids?

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I have zero sympathy for people who think they don't need to follow the rules like everyone else.  What makes her special?  So sick of reading about folks like her or seeing them on tv looking like fools as they scream at the police and have temper tantrums.

This. I'm furious that she decided that she should be the only salon in town. I'm even MORE furious that the governor who wrote the proclamation that shut businesses down has now let us all know that it doesn't matter if you follow his orders or not, if you break HIS own order, he will excuse you and change the rules for you. If that's so, what's the point of the order - we can all just do whatever we want and it doesn't matter.

It's a real s*** show.

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

This post is going nowhere fast. 1 you mentioned Fox News  2 somehow wanting to go back to work has become a political issue. 

I watch Fox news 24/7, don't feel it's political, I watch because I enjoy the people on there. Also it has more viewers than all others together. I have a neighbor girl who is dying to get back to work, she will lose her health insurance at the end of the month, and her husband is on disability also  relying on her insurance. What 's so unamerican to you that people want to work?.Work equals making a living, it isn't a political issue. I'm 100% for the hair dresser, we must not apologize for ignorance even in a judge. Well, she;s going home today, someone has brains in Texas

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Have we forgotten the Mayor of Chicago who went to the hair salon because "she's in the public eye and is on national television and she cares about her personal hygiene"?  Why doesn't someone throw her in jail?  Look at the ones mandating what we do while their families carry on as usual.  We are the little people "do what I say, not what I or my family does".

You want the hairdresser's customers to be arrested too? Not sure whether you want people to be arrested for violating the rules or not.

It's the hypocrisy that you are missing.

Respected Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

She is horrible and should have been made to stay in jail. 

Holy wow! Your idea of horrible and mine are so much different. She wants to pay her own bills. She doesn't want someone to pay them for her or to take handouts from government. Besides that no one is forcing anyone to go to her salon. I honestly don't know how it's any different from people working at stores. They might get it and they might give it to someone. As well as anyone going to the store to buy their groceries. 

Good people think about others. Good people do not willingly put others in danger. I am tired of the idiot protesters and other science deniers who don't believe that this is serious, and don't care about working together for the good of everyone. If she were a good person, she would want to help keep people safe. She is all about the publicity.

My word how incredibly judgmental you are! So the person going to the store to work is a good person but she is bad? This makes no sense when the people working at the store are around far more people than this hairdresser. And more likely to get and spread the virus. 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

She's selfish and if she wanted to feed her kids then she could have taken a job delivering food or groceries or better yet working in a meat packing plant.  I know many hairdressers personal trainers and wait staff who are now working earning good money delivering groceries and food.  I would never go back to a hair salon who ignored shelter in place to keep her "special" business open!!  When one does this then chaos becomes the norm. 

No you don't

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Breaking now........

Texas Supreme Court orders release of Dallas salon owner who refused to close her store during the pandemic - two days after judge jailed her

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

She wants to feed her children but obviously doesn't care about their health or lives!!  Let's hope they survive her selfish way to do that!!  I doubt that her children were in danger of starving!  If she is so caring about feeding her kids then she would take one of the many jobs needing workers due to this virus like so many others are doing...seems like it's beneath her to do anything but open her shop and it's not the kids she is thinking of!!

@Pook How is taking some other job less dangerous to her children? I would think a salon, with a more limited number of customers, would be a lot safer than a place with lots of customers and other workers. Her salon could ask clients to stay outside until they are called in, thereby limiting contact. Much, much safer than some other jobs!