Honored Contributor

Re: Go Fund me and the Texas hairdresser, Shelley Luther

@lianne wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Just this morning our Gov. Abbott modified his Executive Order no confinement if the order is violated and as made it retroactively.  Our Lt. Gov. Patrick as personally  paid her $7,000.00 fine from his own wallet.

Interesting this is the same Lt. Governor Patrick who said seniors would happily die of this virus to save their kids and to open up the economy.

“lots of grandparents” across the country would risk their survival to keep the country afloat economically. Sounds like a great guy

@lianne 

Once again, what Abbott said taken out of context. I watched that whole interview, not just a "well placed snipit".

I would quote him or paraphrase his comments, but I doubt it would be heard.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yeah, that's the problem when people make rash judgments on news snippets w/o hearing the whole story.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why people say she should just go work at Amazon or a grocery store or whatever. You're fine with her being exposed in those situations? Why, because it's something that keeps your life going. She and her customers are probably a lot safer at her salon with one or two people being in there at a time.

Respected Contributor

Apologizing to the court does not mean a personal apology to the judge. This wasn't a power play with him asking her to bow down and ask for his forgiveness.

He is asking her to acknowledge what she did was against state orders. We live in a society with societal rules. Some we like, some we disagree with.

He did not have to offer her any leniency.  

Super Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

She is horrible and should have been made to stay in jail. 

Holy wow! Your idea of horrible and mine are so much different. She wants to pay her own bills. She doesn't want someone to pay them for her or to take handouts from government. Besides that no one is forcing anyone to go to her salon. I honestly don't know how it's any different from people working at stores. They might get it and they might give it to someone. As well as anyone going to the store to buy their groceries. 

Good people think about others. Good people do not willingly put others in danger. I am tired of the idiot protesters and other science deniers who don't believe that this is serious, and don't care about working together for the good of everyone. If she were a good person, she would want to help keep people safe. She is all about the publicity.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Yeah, that's the problem when people make rash judgments on news snippets w/o hearing the whole story.

Also "soundbite voters"  Those especially scare the dickens out of me @KKJ 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

That was a direct quote straight from the horses mouth.

I would link the transcript but it would be removed because of advertisement on the Fox website.

I guess you want to interpret his words more charitably than I do, but it is a verbatum quote.

Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@lianne wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Just this morning our Gov. Abbott modified his Executive Order no confinement if the order is violated and as made it retroactively.  Our Lt. Gov. Patrick as personally  paid her $7,000.00 fine from his own wallet.

Interesting this is the same Lt. Governor Patrick who said seniors would happily die of this virus to save their kids and to open up the economy.

“lots of grandparents” across the country would risk their survival to keep the country afloat economically. Sounds like a great guy

@lianne 

Once again, what Abbott said taken out of context. I watched that whole interview, not just a "well placed snipit".

I would quote him or paraphrase his comments, but I doubt it would be heard.

hckynut(john)

It wasn't Abbot it was the Lt. Governor Patrick

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple  I'm so sorry for your losses.  Sending gentle hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Apologizing to the court does not mean a personal apology to the judge. This wasn't a power play with him asking her to bow down and ask for his forgiveness.

He is asking her to acknowledge what she did was against state orders. We live in a society with societal rules. Some we like, some we disagree with.

He did not have to offer her any leniency.  

Is that a common thing...apologizing to the court for...what?  Especially in this case. 

Keepin' it real.