Honored Contributor

Re: Go Fund me and the Texas hairdresser, Shelley Luther

Just this morning our Gov. Abbott modified his Executive Order no confinement if the order is violated and as made it retroactively.  Our Lt. Gov. Patrick as personally  paid her $7,000.00 fine from his own wallet.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I have zero sympathy for people who think they don't need to follow the rules like everyone else.  What makes her special?  So sick of reading about folks like her or seeing them on tv looking like fools as they scream at the police and have temper tantrums.

Trusted Contributor

Good for her!!!

Jessa
Honored Contributor

There's a big difference between a hairdresser who rents a space and one who has invested in a business and then sees all that money, sweat, and emotional equity taken away and even going deeper into debt since the mortgage on the building and the payments on loans don't go away just because the business is closed.  It's a lot easier to walk away from a chair rental to work in a grocery store or for a delivery service than to walk away from a business.  Plus, the people coming into the business are not being forced to go.  They are doing so voluntarily.  

I have a dental appointment next week.  I won't be able to wear a mask while in the dental chair.  So, that seems a lot more dangerous than if a hairdresser and the client both wear masks.  Is dental MAINTENANCE really that more important than physical maintenance which also affects the psyche for the people that it's important to?  

Valued Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Just this morning our Gov. Abbott modified his Executive Order no confinement if the order is violated and as made it retroactively.  Our Lt. Gov. Patrick as personally  paid her $7,000.00 fine from his own wallet.

Interesting this is the same Lt. Governor Patrick who said seniors would happily die of this virus to save their kids and to open up the economy.

“lots of grandparents” across the country would risk their survival to keep the country afloat economically. Sounds like a great guy

Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion, most "go fund me" accounts are a scam.  Would never participate in one unless had first hand knowledge of who is recieving and whatthe money is for. 

As far a the business being open....well if there were no customers it would be a mute point.  Have seen many posts on these boards about people going to a stylists house.  How is that any different?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@lianne  Well he paid this woman's fine, so...yeah. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Interesting this is the same Lt. Governor Patrick who said seniors would happily die of this virus to save their kids and to open up the economy.

“lots of grandparents” across the country would risk their survival to keep the country afloat economically. Sounds like a great guy

I am ready to die today for my two.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Don't know about the go fund me pages, they can be dicey to know which are legit. 

But the lady the judge told to apologize, I'd have rotted in jail too. He's a pompous jerk, with his power gone to his head.

Before all is said and done, he will take a fall for this. And he should.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@lianne wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I am ready to die today for my two.

I would give my life for my children and grandchildren if I had the power to preserve their physical life in the event of illness or danger. I would NOT give my life to open up the economy.