Honored Contributor

Re: Glen Campbell has passed away

Yes, @Pearlee, I did see that part. The part where Glen and his wife were sitting on the couch...she had to remind Glen that he had Alzheimer's and he said that he didn't "feel" like he had it and sort of chuckled a bit. That really made me sad. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YouTube vid - "A Better Place"

...get out the kleenex.

Honored Contributor

Glen Campbell was laid to rest yesterday back in his hometown of Delight, Arkansas.  From USA today:

"DELIGHT, Ark. — Music superstar Glen Campbell has been laid to rest in his hometown of Delight, Arkansas.

The announcement was made on Campbell's official Facebook page. Thursday night. It says Campbell was laid to rest on Wednesday in a private ceremony and that there will be a public memorial, but the date has not been announced."

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It's merciful in that he's no longer suffering, and his family doesn't have to suffer seeing him that way. He will truly rest in peace.

That documentary I'll Be Me was wonderful. Anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out.

@Greeneyedlady21

I was in tears watching that documentary.

I hope that some day they find a way to stop this horrible, insidious disease.

Esteemed Contributor

CMT has a special on Now!

Super Contributor

I've been watching clips from YouTube and learned that during the 60's, 70's and 80's, when Glen was in his prime, he was one of the top five guitarists in the world. He truly had a God-given talent and will be so missed! RIP, dear man!

Respected Contributor

I have to wonder if some toxin in our food system has caused such a rise in Alzheimer's. Back in the 50s and 60s it was rare to hear of this now every day Another famous person is sucummbing to it. Is there any cure in sight ? God bless Glenn Campbell. I loved his song "Galveston Oh Galveston"

Esteemed Contributor

I think the reason that we are hearing about Alzheimer's more, is that there is more awareness of it.

My dad's dad, had severe dementia, and I was terrified of my dad getting it, too.

Thankfully, he hasn't.

Oh, he has memory loss, but then again, the man is 90, and his memory loss is nothing compared to what his own father had.

People are working hard to find a way to slow down, stop or even prevent this horrible, horrible disease.

Honored Contributor

He seemed to struggle so these last few years and hopefully is now at peace.

I've never been a fan of country music but I loved Wichita Lineman and By the Time I Get to Phoenix.