Honored Contributor

Re: Glen Campbell - Two Of His Children Claim Stepmother Won't Let Them See Him

There is plenty of money for his care, that is something alot of people do not have.When i think of glen ,i remember what a wild person he was, so you never know what is going on in a family.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

we will never know the truth.... so why want to worry about it or get involved.  I am sure he is being treated well and cared for.  With family and step family there is often fights over money and such when someone dies who has money.   I am sure that he is just now no more than a shell of the man he was and they are just waiting for him to die.  The courts will figure it out. 

To answer your question,Because this happens in many families. The spouse of an elderly or incapacitated person shuts out family. There is something to be learned when hearing of and discussing these situations.

As an aging person, know your spouse SO and put legal instructions in place so this can't happen. As a child of someone in this position, consider ahead of time if this could be a scenario you may be facing with a parent in the future, and explore avenues to help prevent it from happening.

And one can never assume 'he' is being treated and well cared for. How many tragic stories have been told about people who were not, but their families either didn't know or couldn't gain access to them to be sure. 

I do so tire of people on these boards telling others what is and isn't of enough importance to discuss.

Aren't you doing the same thing? Censoring?

Respected Contributor

My cousin was in perhaps the best facility around, but the Alzheimer's floor was a snake pit.

Esteemed Contributor

End stage Altzheimers is just horrible.  Often, a family member may give the person a que or thread from the past.  If this is true, it is indeed cruel to deprive GC of even a tiny fleeting thought or memory.  A person suffering from this disease is often so isolated....why limit socialization and prevent his family from seeing him?  Although, one letter from an attorney to the facility would end that! 

Valued Contributor

I just saw this thread...I knew this wife as her children went to school with mine for a few years. I don't like to say anything mean but I feel bad for this situation.
She was not nice years ago.
Honored Contributor

@Teacups wrote:
I just saw this thread...I knew this wife as her children went to school with mine for a few years. I don't like to say anything mean but I feel bad for this situation.
She was not nice years ago.

@Teacups  Thank you for confirming my impressions of her from that Campbell documentary I saw a couple of years ago. She came across as not nice and uncaring as I posted above.

Valued Contributor

I did not care for that special...I knew him slightly from school.  Seemed like she was mad about it.  I know it was hard for her...but showing what she did was probably not what he would have wanted.....everyone has a right to privacy if they are ill.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not know the Campbell's, but I wonder, if way back when Glen was first diagnosed, if he didn't stipulate ( tell his wife) that he didn't want his kids to see him like that, and to have that be their last memory of him.

In other words, "Remember how I was in my prime, not how I am at the end, when I am no longer there mentally"

I hope that I'm explaining it right.

But, as I said, I am just guessing.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I do not know the Campbell's, but I wonder, if way back when Glen was first diagnosed, if he didn't stipulate ( tell his wife) that he didn't want his kids to see him like that, and to have that be their last memory of him.

In other words, "Remember how I was in my prime, not how I am at the end, when I am no longer there mentally"

I hope that I'm explaining it right.

But, as I said, I am just guessing.

@Plaid Pants2 But his kids with that wife are seeing him, so I don't think that's it.