Honored Contributor

sams club on sunday.....no meat, no chicken, no pork, no toilet paper, no paper towels.

giant grocery store on friday......no toilet paper, no paper towels, very little in cleaning supplies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45   Giant is our Grocery Store.  We have 2, and getting in and out of there is a nightmare.  Smiley Sad

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I am glad you are finding disinfectant wipes because I cannot.  I did buy baby wipes at Target.  Our Jewel grocery store had all kinds of meat, poultry, turkey and ham.  Maybe that will change but for now the cases were full.  What is sad is how people panic and want to buy everything they can and I blame the stores if they don't have a limit.  I think the disinfectant wipes are going to the grocery stores for their use and also to hospitals, doctor's offices.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My daughter lives in the Logan Square area of Chicago. She sent a text with a picture of the toilet paper aisle at Walgreens last night. Fully stocked and even had my favorite brand, Northern that I haven't seen here in the Atlanta area since first of march. She said that the only thing she can't find is disinfectant spray. 

Our Publix here has no shortage of meat and poultry but no toilet paper,  paper towels.or   disinfectants wipes or hand sanitizer. Target last week had toilet paper and paper towels. It seems hit or miss on these items. 

Super Contributor

I hope everyone learns the lesson that you did.  We should never take a fully stocked grocery store for granted... just as we should never take our freedom for granted.

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@sunshine45   Giant is our Grocery Store.  We have 2, and getting in and out of there is a nightmare.  Smiley Sad

@Mistic 

yes, it takes me twice as long to get half as much stuff.

the line situation is ridiculous also.

no one knows what line you are in and so many just butt in front of you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I gave up lookimg for TP weeks ago. This weekend I was shopping and was shocked to see a small handful of packs of TP on the shelf, limit one per customer. It was like a unicorn sighting. I bought one. I've mainly been ordering it online. Target delivered some yesterday. I placed a Walmart order last night. I keep having to get the mega rolls I don't like (most people don't want them that's why they're available) because they don't fit in the holder. Today I ordered a freestanding TP holder from amazon. That way I can use the mega rolls more easily. I'm just glad to have TP, not complaining. I am worried about the meat shortage. I ordered extra for delivery this week. We eat a lot of meat normally. I have only been visiting one local store so I don't know what's happening in the bigger ones downtown. I cannot deal with the lines there and my small store nearby never has lines. Good luck everyone finding what you need.