Trusted Contributor

Re: Gladys Knight… The latest celebrity under attack

I love Gladys Knight.  I'm sure she will do justice to the National Anthem. 

Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esmerelda has not responded to the question as to who or why Gladys Knight is "under attack". I'm not going to speculate or pick an answer out of thin air! 

No speculation. Please educate yourself before you make a statement that sounds like you pulled it right out of thin air. Like I stated, it’s been all over the news. It’s a shame you missed it.

Honored Contributor

Many performers turned down offers to sing.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esmerelda has not responded to the question as to who or why Gladys Knight is "under attack". I'm not going to speculate or pick an answer out of thin air! 

No speculation. Please educate yourself before you make a statement that sounds like you pulled it right out of thin air. Like I stated, it’s been all over the news. It’s a shame you missed it.

Laughing Out Loud! So sorry that I missed this earth shattering news @Ifeelwicked but I'm fixated on a Lifetime or Hallmark movie right now. Decisions, decisions!!!!!!!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Yes, they did and for the exact reason I touched on. Thanks you for your input. Maroon 5 came to mind bc they took a lot of heat for accepting. It’s a huge honor to be asked to perform. I don’t believe they are participating for any other reason.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Laughing Out Loud! So sorry that I missed this earth shattering news @Ifeelwicked but I'm fixated on a Lifetime or Hallmark movie at right now. Decisions, decisions!!!!!!!

Those are the best places to watch movies @JaneMarple  From what I have been able to find yahoo.com is saying she is being slammed but I do not click or read that type of media.  I hope you have some popcorn beside you.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
She is getting some negative comments on her Twitter and Instagram feed.

Social media has a way of making a few naysayers look like a groundswell.  Surely we've learned that by now.  Better to use respected news sources.

Trusted Contributor

I have always enjoyed Gladys Knight's music! If I watch this year's Super Bowl, her performance of the National Athem is sure to be the highlight of the event for this non-pro-football fan. I have just always more so enjoyed the college games. 

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get so tired of pop singers shrieking the National Anthem to the point where it's scarcely recognizable.  If that's what she's going to do, I'd prefer she stay home.

@Kachina624 Gladys Knight has not been known for shrieking.

LOL!  Certainly not.  Nor were the Pips.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In a statement, Knight said, "I am proud to use my voice to unite and represent our country in my hometown of Atlanta. The NFL recently announced their new social justice platform Inspire Change, and I am honored to be a part of its inaugural year.”

you can also look up "INSPIRE CHANGE" and "DREAM CORPS."

*of course, some artists had been asked to sing and perform at the superbowl and declined.*

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein