Valued Contributor

Re: Gladys Knight… The latest celebrity under attack

For the record, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Gladys Knight or her singing style. I’m going to state the facts here. It is not up for debate with me. I’m just stating what has been in the news, on and off, since the Super Bowl halftime show talent (names) began to surface. It is purely political. FACT. It stems from the issue of “taking a knee.” FACT. If you want to educate yourselves further please google and not continue in this forum, bc it SHOULD BE and WILL BE shut down for comments of a political nature. I only responded bc of individuals believing it may have anything to do, personally, with Gladys Knight. If you investigate you will find that Maroon 5 came under fire for accepting this honor as well. 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda has not responded to the question as to who or why Gladys Knight is "under attack". I'm not going to speculate or pick an answer out of thin air! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

For myself I only went and read one report from CBS and it stated nothing negative just the fact she was asked to sing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

BINGO!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get so tired of pop singers shrieking the National Anthem to the point where it's scarcely recognizable.  If that's what she's going to do, I'd prefer she stay home.

For me the Country singers are the worst. It’s the Anthem not a episode of Hee Haw.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone's attacking her.  Of course there will always be someone who disagrees with the selection, no matter who it is.  But I don't think it's worthy of a headline.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get so tired of pop singers shrieking the National Anthem to the point where it's scarcely recognizable.  If that's what she's going to do, I'd prefer she stay home.

For me the Country singers are the worst. It’s the Anthem not a episode of Hee Haw.

Depends on the singer, Carrie Underwood or Reba would do an excellant job @QVCkitty1

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 Gladys Knight has not been known for shrieking.

@JaneMarple  No, she isn't.  But she can be a real Pip!   LOL

Honored Contributor

She is getting some negative comments on her Twitter and Instagram feed.
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Depends on the singer, Carrie Underwood or Reba would do an excellant job @QVCkitty1

We’ll have to agree to disagree, they are both fine singers who should stay in their lane. JMO

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan