Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gladys Knight… The latest celebrity under attack

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

Yes, they did and for the exact reason I touched on. Thanks you for your input. Maroon 5 came to mind bc they took a lot of heat for accepting. It’s a huge honor to be asked to perform. I don’t believe they are participating for any other reason.

Travis Scott is going to perform at the halftime show also. He receive some heat but his performance was...let’s say “ransomed”...by a donation of $50K by the NFL to a social justice cause. 

Make that $500,000.  (In conjunction with the NFL, to Dream Corps.)

IMO I can't see any artist being held hostage by this push to take sides.  That's just as wrong as penalizing someone else for taking a personal stand.

It’s more desperation than ransom. We’re coming down to the wire on game time. PLEASE let’s just move on. . . .hey, who would you like to see in the Super Bowl? 🏈🍺🍕

I know i wasn't thrilled to hear that Maroon 5 was going to be the headliner............the best Superbowl shows they ever had were with Bruno Mars...........

and i would like to see Gladys Knight sing that night!!

Honored Contributor

I would not put Gladys Knight in the same category as a pop singer likely to shriek the national anthem....I think the title of the forum is not accurate from what has been stated. I like her and Maroon 5 so am going to expect the best. The whole take a knee thing is a big ho-hum at this point.
Respected Contributor

Gees, this in nonsense! Why controversial. Let her sing! It's her choice.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Don't like what?  The national anthem?

@chrystaltree, I won't go into it here but I would assume it has a political reason.

Then why did you post if you weren't going to say something????

Honored Contributor

@barb40 wrote:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-super-bowl-longtime-atlanta-star-gladys-knight-will-sing-the...

It's official.  Gladys Knight was asked to sing the national anthem and not soul anywhere in this country has objected to it.  Except the op and the poster who apparently doesn't know who she is...LOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Who cares who sings the anthem?  Who really listens to THAT?

@SeaMaiden- I do.  Every time it's sung.  And I feel pride every time I hear it.

Esteemed Contributor

I dont get the outrage. Shes capable of singing it fine IMO. Just like people were outraged weeks ago over Maroon 5 playing half time. IMO they will be the best part of the Super Bowl. .lol..I love the halftime shows and i love Maroon 5, One of my favoritre bands! PS People should be outraged over more important things going on in the world.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to another poster

Honored Contributor

https://youtu.be/4F-4-MjHG2Y       

Listen to this.  I found it very uplifting

Honored Contributor

This is OT,but You're the best thing that ever happened to me is one of my favorite songs.