Honored Contributor

I wouldn't take sides, especially hers.

I believe that she can forward (by accident or otherwise) those texts to just about anyone who she is having issues with, and it could cause problems for you.

Better to be 'Switzerland' (neutral).  Unless you are talking with her in person, where you can suggest 'this and that'.  But, then again............better to be 'Switzerland', no matter what, when, where.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@LilacTree---I am done giving any advice about anything to anybody---however.....I do give my OPINIONs on certain things, if I'm asked,  that I clarify with... but that is just me or my opinion-----seems to satisfy the need for any advice. I find most advice is shot down anyway so why bother---that makes me angry ---you asked me and now you reject what I said-----just my opinion, of course----Man Happy

@wagirl

I rejected you? OMG, I certainly didn’t mean to.  I wasn’t really asking for advice, I posted this mostly to hear what you folks thought about giving advice in general.  I will find your post and what I said.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@LilacTree---I am done giving any advice about anything to anybody---however.....I do give my OPINIONs on certain things, if I'm asked,  that I clarify with... but that is just me or my opinion-----seems to satisfy the need for any advice. I find most advice is shot down anyway so why bother---that makes me angry ---you asked me and now you reject what I said-----just my opinion, of course----Man Happy

@wagirl

I rejected you? OMG, I certainly didn’t mean to.  I wasn’t really asking for advice, I posted this mostly to hear what you folks thought about giving advice in general.  I will find your post and what I said.

@wagirl

I can’t find your post nor my answer to you.  Could you re-post or point me to it in some way.  I’d really appreciate it, I can’t remember rejecting anyone’s opinion on giving advice.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

It is so nice to have the spirited Lilac Tree back!

You have a friend who is in need, and unfortunately she does not know she is in need of maybe getting help for her 'thinking' issues. She may be recuperating physically from the stroke but mentally she may have lost some of those little grey cells that Hercule Poirot always mentioned.

Maybe the best thing would be to allow her to yada, yada and with patience listen and chat not approving but not disapproving. Maybe you could somehow suggest she might chat with her doctor about the social issues that are bothering her. This may alert the doctor that maybe more is going on with her health than he realized. It might be a start for her to somehow get some professional to speak with.

Fellowship is so important in life and friends are a gift you give yourself. I can not imagine you walking away from a friend. It sounds as though you shared a wonderful friendship with this person. If it is not too straining for you, continue on with yada yada.

In any event you will solve the issue, and as always you will do it in the Lilac Tree way.

@chiclets

I loved what you said about friends are a gift you give yourself.  I agree wholeheartedly, and if you coined that yourself, I find it a remarkable thought and will probably repeat that often in the future.  I hope you don’t mind.

i also agree that this behavior could very well be related the stroke.  We are fine, by the way, she has said that she’s been less angry since I told her I was worried about her health.  She admits she gets angry much more often than she used to and is going to ask her neurologist about it.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree---oh no, no lilac tree----you didn't reject me--that statement is  made by me to mysel,f when my "opinions" are shot down by others. I 'm so sorry to not be clear about that statement-----hope I am being clear now----Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@LilacTree---oh no, no lilac tree----you didn't reject me--that statement is  made by me to mysel,f when my "opinions" are shot down by others. I 'm so sorry to not be clear about that statement-----hope I am being clear now----Woman Embarassed

@wagirl

Oh ok, I am relieved.  Thank you for explaining, wagirl . . . All’s well.

Formerly Ford1224