Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I am able to watch the entire series for free through my provider and saw the pilot and wow Lena was so young with a sweet baby face. Also, I saw the episode in season 2 with the doctor and still had that sweet young looking face. About the nudity while playing ping pong. The doctor was wearing his boxer shorts without a shirt and then you see her wearing just panties without a shirt. In those early shows she was thinner and so while she didn't have what is considered a beautitful or perfect body, I didn't think it was gross. Fast forward to the second to last episdoe where she runs into the doctor again.  How sad.  

Though their hookup might have been considered scandalous in season 2 it was a sweet tender moment for Hannah...an older man (married but separated) who not only expressed interest in her but told her she was beautiful. She told him all she wanted was to be happy.  When she saw him again pregnant clearly she was not happy.  In fact throughout the entire show one defining thing about her character was the lack of happiness, continual conflict, etc.

The ending was like the beginning where her mother and father tells her she's old enough to be on her own as it had been 2 years since she graduated from college and they were no longer going to support her.  Next scene, she is waking up with Marnie her best friend sharing a rental.

No surprise that the final episode would have the two together...her best friend doing her best to help Hannah with her newborn but breaks and calls Hannah's mother for help.  

My issue isn't with her body size at all. What grosses me out is that often when she is naking she is doing something like weird where even a person with a perfect body would look gross like coughing or bending over in a weird way. That grosses me out period. I don't care who if Gizelle Bunchen is doing it. Weird tic of mine just like hating the word moist with a passion. I am sure that is how she wanted it to be as she also wore clothes a size or two smaller for her character to add to her awkwardness she has stated. I also didn't find their hookup scandalous in the least, I thought it was a sweet episode as well. 

I found the last episode (and season) so disappointing as apparently most here did and most who watched the show. 

Your post reminded me of the old "Seinfeld" episode about "Good naked" vs. "Bad naked:"  "Good Naked" would be lounging on a bed.  "Bad naked" is opening a pickle jar while squatting and grunting!

I rewatched the finale and didn't think it was all that bad.  The bratty teen Hannah met taught her a lesson about selfishness and her entitled attitude.  The final scene with Grover was very sweet.

Honored Contributor

I was a young woman in the late 60's and early 70's and I thought my friends and I were really into the s-xual revolution and just expressing ourselves without fear and shame. We were light weights in comparison to the Girls.lol I just thought they all thought they were smarter and more talented than they really are. All Lena accomplished with all that nudity was to try and convince the viewers that she really didn't have that bad of a body and most importantly that she wasn't ashamed of it.