Frequent Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

OMG I consider myself watching the series "Girls" just hours wasted from my life!! What a stupid show! And the finale? Just lived up to the name I just said...stupid! Probably what put the topping on the cake for me was Lena Dunham. I was growing to dislike her, as a person, more and more. A very angry and not nice person. I just wish I could have all that time back from watching this show. Yuk.

It is weird because I really do not care for Lena either but I think she made a great show. I do think much of the last season wasn't great but the first couple of seasons were brilliant, irreverent and very funny. 

Did you watch all the seasons and most of the episodes, and if so why did you continue if you disliked it? 

I don't care for Lena Dunham either but I liked the series.

The finale was a dud imo.  A big fail.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Girls series finale

[ Edited ]

@LyndaGee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@maestra wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

Did Elijah make it 'big' in a Broadway show?

That was one of the things that we didn't find out. The second to the last episode had him going back to his 4th tryout and he wasn't in the last episode at all. He was one of my favorite characters on the show.

I thought he said he got the role.  Remember when he burst in on the women having their little meeting during Shosh's party?  I thought he said something like: "I got the part in 'White Men Can't Jump - The Musical,' you feckless ------!"

This is exactly what I thought too @LyndaGee and then the second to the last episode Hannah meets him outside the studio and he says this is my fourth call back, at some point I am just going to have to ask them if we are f buddies or exclusive. That is where I was confused. 

Edited to add... OMG @LyndaGee, I had it in the total wrong sequence. I was forgetting that Shoshanas engagement party was AFTER that scene. Lord, I am losing my mind. Sorry sorry, I apologize if I confused anyone or just myself! lol!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I found this whole last season to be a let down, and the season finale was a huge disappointment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I found this whole last season to be a let down, and the season finale was a huge disappointment. 

I agree @Citrine1

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am able to watch the entire series for free through my provider and saw the pilot and wow Lena was so young with a sweet baby face. Also, I saw the episode in season 2 with the doctor and still had that sweet young looking face. About the nudity while playing ping pong. The doctor was wearing his boxer shorts without a shirt and then you see her wearing just panties without a shirt. In those early shows she was thinner and so while she didn't have what is considered a beautitful or perfect body, I didn't think it was gross. Fast forward to the second to last episdoe where she runs into the doctor again.  How sad.  

Though their hookup might have been considered scandalous in season 2 it was a sweet tender moment for Hannah...an older man (married but separated) who not only expressed interest in her but told her she was beautiful. She told him all she wanted was to be happy.  When she saw him again pregnant clearly she was not happy.  In fact throughout the entire show one defining thing about her character was the lack of happiness, continual conflict, etc.

The ending was like the beginning where her mother and father tells her she's old enough to be on her own as it had been 2 years since she graduated from college and they were no longer going to support her.  Next scene, she is waking up with Marnie her best friend sharing a rental.

No surprise that the final episode would have the two together...her best friend doing her best to help Hannah with her newborn but breaks and calls Hannah's mother for help.  

Respected Contributor

@truffle  funny you should say that, I was just watching old episodes last night and I noticed how young and thin she was. And she was so much prettier when she had "normal" hair. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I am able to watch the entire series for free through my provider and saw the pilot and wow Lena was so young with a sweet baby face. Also, I saw the episode in season 2 with the doctor and still had that sweet young looking face. About the nudity while playing ping pong. The doctor was wearing his boxer shorts without a shirt and then you see her wearing just panties without a shirt. In those early shows she was thinner and so while she didn't have what is considered a beautitful or perfect body, I didn't think it was gross. Fast forward to the second to last episdoe where she runs into the doctor again.  How sad.  

Though their hookup might have been considered scandalous in season 2 it was a sweet tender moment for Hannah...an older man (married but separated) who not only expressed interest in her but told her she was beautiful. She told him all she wanted was to be happy.  When she saw him again pregnant clearly she was not happy.  In fact throughout the entire show one defining thing about her character was the lack of happiness, continual conflict, etc.

The ending was like the beginning where her mother and father tells her she's old enough to be on her own as it had been 2 years since she graduated from college and they were no longer going to support her.  Next scene, she is waking up with Marnie her best friend sharing a rental.

No surprise that the final episode would have the two together...her best friend doing her best to help Hannah with her newborn but breaks and calls Hannah's mother for help.  

My issue isn't with her body size at all. What grosses me out is that often when she is naking she is doing something like weird where even a person with a perfect body would look gross like coughing or bending over in a weird way. That grosses me out period. I don't care who if Gizelle Bunchen is doing it. Weird tic of mine just like hating the word moist with a passion. I am sure that is how she wanted it to be as she also wore clothes a size or two smaller for her character to add to her awkwardness she has stated. I also didn't find their hookup scandalous in the least, I thought it was a sweet episode as well. 

I found the last episode (and season) so disappointing as apparently most here did and most who watched the show. 

JFK
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

My issue isn't with her body size at all. What grosses me out is that often when she is naking she is doing something like weird where even a person with a perfect body would look gross like coughing or bending over in a weird way. That grosses me out period. I don't care who if Gizelle Bunchen is doing it. Weird tic of mine just like hating the word moist with a passion. I am sure that is how she wanted it to be as she also wore clothes a size or two smaller for her character to add to her awkwardness she has stated. I also didn't find their hookup scandalous in the least, I thought it was a sweet episode as well. 

I found the last episode (and season) so disappointing as apparently most here did and most who watched the show. 

@Irshgrl31201 I know it wasn't and I'm sorry if my post implied that. I agree with your statement she wore clothes too small to add to her akwardness.  I personally never liked her braless look and think it made her look very round shouldered and old ladyish as she got older. 

had to edit...sorry.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also wanted to add...in my world I would never be intimate with a total stranger or would I get involved with someone who was married but separated. Most separations result in reconciliation and is just too heartbreaking for the woman who is now on the outside. I just would never put myself in that situation. 

Honored Contributor

Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Citrine2 wrote:

I agree @Citrine2

I agree with you both.  I just watched the finale this morning, before I got up, and throughout the whole episode I just kept wishing for it to be over already but I couldn't turn away.

I kept thinking that the final season seemed so bad that there must be all kinds of good in the finale.   I'm sorry that I was very wrong about that.