Valued Contributor

Re: Girl drops baby to catch wedding bouquet....

So tragic that the child was discarded over something so trivial.  That was heart wrenching to watch!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It didn't seem to register with any of the other guests.  But it make me smile because it reminded me of how my brother lost a good friend years ago, when we all had little ones.  We also were at a wedding and my brother had had more than a few beers and probably few scotch and sodas too.  He was dancing around with his best friend's baby, the baby was about 18 months old.  She was giggling and having a high old time as my brother did twirls and dips with her.  Well, he started tossing her up in the air and catching her.  And then he inexplicably tossed her up and apparently in his drunkeness, he lost his focus and just forgot to catch the kid.  The child crashed to the floor and let out a blood curdling  holler...she cried so hard that the parents took her to the ER to get her checked out.  She was fine.  Not even a scratch.  She's landed on someone's feet and that cushioned the fall.    But the child's daddy, my brother's friend since middle school, never spoke to my brother again.  We were a close knit group, the child's mother got over it.  Of course she never let my brother touch one of kids again.  But the dad couldn't get "what could have happened" out of his mind and held the grudge.

That makes you smile? 

The "Dad" should have stepped in and not have allowed a person, who was in a drunken state to begin with,  to be throwing his baby around!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Regular Contributor

Horrible an sad how does a mother put catching a bouquet of flowers ahead of her baby? she could of given to someone else to hold, and as to why no one looked liked they cared just smh my grandfather use to say can't fix stupid. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Honored Contributor

People, in general, are so pre-occupied now-a-days.  Not paying much attention to anything (like a race horse with side blinders)....... Just be careful walking down a sidewalk.  People are in such a hurry, they'll back up without looking.  Happens all around here, daily. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never mind

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I saw the video last night.

To me, it looked like a young girl drops the baby. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a clip on tv today showing the child falling to the floor...oh my gosh!!!

I didn't hear it the child was hurt bad..as i had the sound down on my tv.

Hoping it is ok!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Where was the mother? The girl holding the baby looks like a preteen.  Who let's an older child carry their child out to catch a bouquet?

Honored Contributor

@Zenyoga wrote:

Horrible an sad how does a mother put catching a bouquet of flowers ahead of her baby? she could of given to someone else to hold, and as to why no one looked liked they cared just smh my grandfather use to say can't fix stupid. 

If it were a mother, it would have said "woman drops baby" or "mom drops baby." The girl holding the baby is herself a young girl, maybe 12 years old. I'd lay odds that is not her baby and if it is, we already know poor decisions run in her family.

When I was that age, I was never allowed to try to catch a bouquet - that was for adults only. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't know what is wrong with young mothers today.  Why would she need to catch the bouquet - no husband or man of her own?  Would someone want her now with a liability?  That poor child had to have suffered some damage.  All for a stupid wedding bouquet. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust