Respected Contributor

Re: Girl drops baby to catch wedding bouquet....

That is a child holding a younger child. Where is the mom or senior members of the family? I highly doubt that is the mother of the baby.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Where was the mother? The girl holding the baby looks like a preteen.  Who let's an older child carry their child out to catch a bouquet?

I could not agree more.

Another poster commented about children catching bouquets; it is relatively easy to announce they want only adult, single ladies to participate.

When I was a little girl I caught a bouquet. They made me give it back.  I cried.

Back in the 50's and 60's, wedding receptions were not elaborate.  All cousins were invited.  There were always a lot of children trying to catch the bouquet or garter.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

The common sense gene is quickly disappearing.  I'm serious.  Just look  all around us.  See what's happening............how people are walking around, not paying attention.  It's always been said that if we don't use our minds, they will eventually disappear.

I could not agree more.  Common sense is hard to find these days, what is wrong with some people???

Contributor

Can't blame the father why didn't anyone tell him to stop ? You crazy
Honored Contributor

That is a young girl.  Probably the sister or cousin.  Look at her socks and shoes.  She is about 10 or 11.  Looks like a family wedding.  Luckily the baby had a 2 food drop if that, the girl holding her was so small.  They did say the baby was NOT hurt at all.  Luckily!!!!  I think the young girl was jazzed about the bouquet, and had a hard time chewing gum and walking at the same time.  It was impulse.  JMHO.  But parents need to watch the kids.