Honored Contributor

Re: Girl drops baby to catch wedding bouquet....

The common sense gene is quickly disappearing.  I'm serious.  Just look  all around us.  See what's happening............how people are walking around, not paying attention.  It's always been said that if we don't use our minds, they will eventually disappear.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

How sad that some who have apparently not even seen the footage decide to make snide comments about single mothers!  The girl who dropped the baby was a child herself, definitely not the mother.  And no, most single mothers would never get into the craziness of catching a bouquet or even going to a wedding with a young child.  Ladies, especially those who intimated that this "woman" must be desperate for a man, catching a bouquet doesn't REALLY make one the next to get married.  It's a tradition and a fairly stupid one at that.  This whole thing can be summed up by pointing out how our society has become wedding/marriage crazy.  Once a culture focuses unduly on a single ceremony or institution, craziness is bound to ensue - look at the stupidity going on about football.  Let's get our priorities straight and stop hanging stereotypes on people without knowing the situation!

Respected Contributor

surprised face on cat png viagens

Respected Contributor

It was a poorly organzied wedding and there should have been someone in charge.  Thought it was odd too to see such a young girl trying to catch the bouquet as if it had any relevance to her and to be holding the baby at the same time.   I'm sure she will be shown the video at some point in her life....lovely.  

Respected Contributor

There are way too many stupid people in the world!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@circles wrote:

sadly....non of the other guests seemed to care...even the ones close by that had to see what happened...were more interested in the bouquet ....I wonder if the baby got hurt...I didn't hear any crying...

Exactly!!!...Not one person reacted to the baby falling!!!...They were all too busy clapping for the woman who caught the bouquet!!!...Unbelievable and Very Disturbing!!!

I'm surprised that most weren't filming and taking photos to post on the 'net.

In our current culture, this is status quo for more and more morons. 

Honored Contributor

I could not bring myself to watch the video, but l have a feeling that this was brought about by too much alcohol being consumed.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Shaken-baby syndrome can occur from this type of fall.   Hopefully this child did not have any health issues as the article claims.   But come on people, don't give your babies to young children to throw around like a ragdoll.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I could not bring myself to watch the video, but l have a feeling that this was brought about by too much alcohol being consumed.

Alcohol had nothing to do with the actual dropping of the baby. The YOUNG GIRL holding the baby looks no older than a pre-teen herself, maybe 11 or 12, definitely not the baby's mother. Might have been her older sister or who knows? And the baby is not a tiny infant, looked to be 18 months to 2 years (could be wrong, but that's how it looked to me). No, it wasn't a nice thing to watch, and I really hope the child wasn't hurt, but the vision in my head was WAY worse than the video.

Respected Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

It was a poorly organzied wedding and there should have been someone in charge.  Thought it was odd too to see such a young girl trying to catch the bouquet as if it had any relevance to her and to be holding the baby at the same time.   I'm sure she will be shown the video at some point in her life....lovely.  

I've seen this at weddings since the 70's, including my own in 1975, and think it's ridiculous! Way too many times, the child has caught the bouqet, leaving some very disappointed single ladies. And the garter toss? Yep, little boys catching that, too!