Honored Contributor

I didn't watch it first run either, which was my mistake... A good show and lots of fun to watch. Wish all these channels that seem to specialize in reruns would come up with better variety than endless episodes of Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Raymond and so on... and include this, along with a few others...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I was a fan of the series when it first ran, and still am now. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It was my intro to the super-pretty & adorable Melissa MCarthy (Sookie"), though I had already seen Lauren in a sitcom and enjoyed her.

The writing and banter alone is worth watching. 8)

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

I watched Gilmore Girls and the reruns more times than I care to admit!

A couple years ago the creator of Gilmore Girls, Amy Sherman-Pallandino, wrote another series called Bunheads about a group of dancers. Many of the cast members were from the GG series, but sadly it only lasted one season. The main character of Bunheads was Sutton Foster.

On March 31st a new series premiers called Younger with Sutton Foster as the lead. This time the creator is Darren Star who also created Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, and S*x and the City. The previews look like it could be fun to watch!

Speaking of Amy, it seems like it was her ego that caused her to opt out of writing the last season. A pretty cr@ppy thing to do to the fans, as well as the actors. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Regular Contributor
Thanks so much for the responses. I'm glad I'm not alone for the love of this show.
Esteemed Contributor

The actress who played the grandmother, Kelly Bishop, was in the original Broadway cast of A Chorus Line.

Respected Contributor
On 3/21/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

I watched Gilmore Girls and the reruns more times than I care to admit!

A couple years ago the creator of Gilmore Girls, Amy Sherman-Pallandino, wrote another series called Bunheads about a group of dancers. Many of the cast members were from the GG series, but sadly it only lasted one season. The main character of Bunheads was Sutton Foster.

On March 31st a new series premiers called Younger with Sutton Foster as the lead. This time the creator is Darren Star who also created Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, and S*x and the City. The previews look like it could be fun to watch!

I loved both GG and Bunheads {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And that was my first introduction to Sutton Foster, whose career has really just exploded recently. Good for her. I can't wait to see her new show!

Respected Contributor

We enjoyed this show so much, my girls and I, that we bought the series. It never gets old. However, I will say that once the original producers left the show, it wasn't the same. They kind of ruined it.

ETA: We were fans right from the get go when it was still a series.

One of my favorite episodes: When Richard Gilmore and Rory played the "sting" at college on Logan. Herrmann played his role in that entire series to the max. What a great actor.

Super Contributor

Never heard of Bunheads. On Netlflix?

Gilmore Girls is ok - another newbie to the show. lol I'm not into marathon watching as with other shows, though.

Respected Contributor

I liked ""GG"" and ""Bunheads."" Sutton reminded me a little of Lauren Graham.