Regular Contributor
I never watched this show when it was on. We got Netflix a few months ago and they have all the seasons. I just started the third season. I love this show, I was hooked the first episode. Was wondering if anyone had watched this series.
Esteemed Contributor

So funny you should post this. I never watched the show either back when it was on ten years or so ago. I became a big Lauren Graham fan when Parenthood was on. I happened to see that Gilmore Girls reruns air daily on the abc family channel and started watching a couple of weeks ago. I'm hooked. I, too, love this show!

Honored Contributor

It's a great show! I watched it every week when it first aired and it was easily one of the best shows on television at the time. I highly recommend it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It is very strange that you should be posting this. I just started watching the show (via Netflix) in December. I was instantly addicted and spent the next several weeks watching all the rest of the series.

Now I'm hooked on ""Parenthood.""

Respected Contributor
I've seen all 7 (?) seasons more times than I can count. For years the reruns would show every episode, then after the finale, they would start over with season one. I skip over "the Christopher years" lol
Respected Contributor

l love this show, too.

I discovered it about half way through its original run, and still watch reruns on the ABC Family channel.

I was sad to read that that Edward Herrmann, who played Richard Gilmore, Lorelei's dad, died recently.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Super Contributor
On 3/21/2015 Lion said:

l love this show, too.

I discovered it about half way through its original run, and still watch reruns on the ABC Family channel.

I was sad to read that that Edward Herrmann, who played Richard Gilmore, Lorelei's dad, died recently.

Yes, I was also a bit broken up about that one. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

That was one of my favorite shows.

I also liked Everwood with Treat Williams and Dawsons Creek.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Gilmore Girls and the reruns more times than I care to admit!

A couple years ago the creator of Gilmore Girls, Amy Sherman-Pallandino, wrote another series called Bunheads about a group of dancers. Many of the cast members were from the GG series, but sadly it only lasted one season. The main character of Bunheads was Sutton Foster.

On March 31st a new series premiers called Younger with Sutton Foster as the lead. This time the creator is Darren Star who also created Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, and S*x and the City. The previews look like it could be fun to watch!

Respected Contributor
I had to look up Sutton Foster because I never heard of him/her, and I thought you meant she was on Gilmore Girls.