Respected Contributor

I really don't care for Jill Martin.  She looks at the hosts' up and down, which I find unnerving.  I feel that the Q could get a better rep for the Gili line - perhaps Christie Turner, who has a wonderful personality in my opinion, and is very fashionable!

Trusted Contributor

I do like Jill Martin and I'm tired of the models chiming in.  It's so silly.  Of course, they are going to be big fans of whatever it is.  Never are they going to say they don't really like it, so what's the point?  This is one of the biggest reasons I never watch Inspired Style -- all the chitchat with the models.  Although it's becoming pervasive in all the shows, it's even more so in Inspired Style.  

As for what happened this evening, I didn't see it.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkie wrote:

I can't believe Jill Martin is so rude. I like to enjoy watching but her attitude to Jackie was uncalled for!!  I am changing the channel.

The situation could have been handled better for sure, people are bitchy for lots of reasons...that being said, Jackie seems quite a bit more chatty than her counterparts...JMO but I think the models should walk, twirl, smile, show us where the waistband sits on the waist, and how the fit is across hips and tukhus, the stretch factor and things should flow splendidly.

Honored Contributor

Whatever is going on between hosts, models and OAPS, I don't want to hear it . Act like grown- ups and settle your differences behind the scene . As for Jill, I can spot a mean girl a mile away, enough said. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Gili gal mean to Jackie

[ Edited ]

I have no idea which item was being presented.  I just watched the video for the hobo, and heard nothing.  That was the last item presented for the hour on GILI.

Respected Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I do like Jill Martin and I'm tired of the models chiming in.  It's so silly.  Of course, they are going to be big fans of whatever it is.  Never are they going to say they don't really like it, so what's the point?  This is one of the biggest reasons I never watch Inspired Style -- all the chitchat with the models.  Although it's becoming pervasive in all the shows, it's even more so in Inspired Style.  

As for what happened this evening, I didn't see it.

I agree!!

I think there are sour grapes because the tribe lost their Gili queen and have never accepted Jill.

I will still never understand the need to hang onto every word said on a shopping channel. SMH

Contributor

Jill Martin was out of line with her little tirade toward Jackie. Jackie and another model both of which were not on screen were talking to each other, it couldn't be heard by the viewing public. She was nasty toward Jackie.

I was stunned and I think Amy was as well. She just kept going with the presentation. Very professional on her part.

Honored Contributor

Oh for goodness sake!  What an instance of one sees only what they want to see.  

I saw the entire show.  Jill was teasing Jacqui the entire time, playfully.  They had been working together overnight and during this evening's show.  They have obviously become close and Jill and Jacqui were having fun.  Jill was ribbing her and Jacqui laughed and thought it was funny.  They were joking with each other.  Do you really think any vendor would stay at QVC for long if she was truly being outright rude to a model in front of the camera??  

Trusted Contributor

She didn't have permission to play.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gili gal mean to Jackie

[ Edited ]

I guess that I have a different take on the conversation.  I think that they have worked a lot together today, and I took it as more teasing than anything.  Jill does appear to be tired today, while Jackie seems pretty lively.