Honored Contributor

Re: Gifts for three women in dental office?

This year it would be a gift card or nothing.  Too many unknowns. 

Respected Contributor

I just spent $10K at my dentist this year! I can't afford to give them gifts.

Valued Contributor

That is very thoughtful of you @Magny @to think of them! 

@Krimpette  mentioned a gift fro m Grrmack (which is a great idea); you can still order through Germanic directly, they have some very lovely gifts.

I think a gift card to a local deli/coffee shop, etc would be an appropriate gift.  @kittykatkay had a wonderful idea; I'm sure that is greatly appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Give them a caramel apple from Mrs. Prindable.  If they won't eat it, I'm sure they can find someone who will.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

I just spent $10K at my dentist this year! I can't afford to give them gifts.

That's completely understandable.  You kept them employed - that's gift enough.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for suggestions!  Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

Candles.  Lotions.  L O'occtaine!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Around 3 years ago, I gave a large set of L'Occitane products, including cologne, to my dental hygenist.

Next month, I'm giving her the large set of Beekman 1802 TSV products. 3 of each - handsoaps, body cremes and hand cremes - in their beautiful Christmas boxes.

I've been going to her for 8 years - and she's the best hygenist. We're always laughing about something - and I always walk out smiling.

A couple of weeks ago, it was my friend's birthday - and I gave her the full set.

I bought 2 more sets and will be dividing them up - giving presents to my roomie, my dog groomer and mailman - Plus Cash to my dog groomer, mailman and gardener - who all worked so hard this year during COVID.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I have to ask why? 

Is this like the holiday tipping that's gotten out of hand?

When I worked in medical offices years ago, many patients gave us gifts for the holidays.  It's much more personal than tipping, and was always very much appreciated.  It didn't matter what they gave - It was just really nice to be acknowledged in that way,

I think all of this depends on the particular relationships that people have.  I wouldn't think of giving anything at my dentist's office, but I go to a doctor who has an amazing staff - always pleasant, above & beyond.  I've gotten to know them, and I'm grateful for them. So I always give them something.  And when my Mom was alive, I always gave something to her doctor's staff too, because they were a great support to me.

I think if someone feels they want to give, that's a good thing.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

That's so nice of you to think about those special women in your dentist's office. I think gift certificates for a couple of pizzas or any local sandwich shop is a great idea. Most people who work in an office either have to bring their lunch or go out and bring something back to the office lunch room. Having a pizza delivered would be a nice treat!